IGNORED

NES Everdrive issues

Gamegearguy

I find when I put in a licensed cartridge in my top loader, it has perfect graphics. But if I put in my Everdrive and play a game from that, the Everdrive's graphics are all sort of staticy and not at all crisp and clear like they are on the other games. I'm wondering if other people have this issue or if it's just me, and if there's a way to fix it.

Also, since I'm using a top loader, I can see the light on the NES go on and off, I am wondering what the purpose of the light is.

No, haven't ever had that problem.  Have you tried wiping the SD card and reinstalling the OS?  Upgrading the current OS on it to a newer version?  Any time I've any sort of random glitchiness out of mine (typically issues getting it to boot up to the file explorer, but occasional performance hiccups in the menus), it's basically been due to file fragmentation on the SD card and nuking it and starting over fresh worked everything out.  Could be your issues are happening for the same reason(s).

I got the latest OS off of the Krikzz website and put that on the SD card. I also unplugged the NES RF box from my Genesis RF box and put the NES RF switch directly into the TV. That helped a little. I am also experiencing when I turn off my NES, the volume on my TV goes down, and changing the channels makes the volume good again.

The ED light is it accessing the memory card, kind of like a CD light or a floppy drive light, you know it's reading/writing something.

Your TV issue at the end of that last post probably makes what I'm about to say a bit less likely, but power.  I think power is the issue.  Are you using a legitimate NES power adapter?  I know fact that chinese shitty ones are very well known to cause problems with power thirsty devices, everdrive topping that list, which can cause visual issues, less likely audio, or it just cutting out.  It's much like a Gameboy using an ED on that, maybe a pair of AAA in a Pocket lasts 10 hrs on medium contrast/volume, but with the ED in use you lose a few...at least the earlier models, they got better about being thirsty, better, not not as good as a legit cart.

I have no idea why the volume would go, that seems more like a TV is dying issue, it's one thing to go down, but back up if you flip a channel makes no sense unless it has a short or some leaking caps maybe.  Either way one or the other you seem to have a voltage problem.

Yes, I guess my TV is dying. If I turn the TV off and back on again, the picture becomes pschydelic color-like. But right now I have a perfect picture with the cable box. But I remember having the same issue with my NES on an old CRT-TV that is dead.

I'm using an official NES AC adapter. I guess I can try my old toaster NES, but there's no other TV I can use. Perhaps I can use my computer monitor somehow?

RF to HDMI adaptor if your monitor has that. If it's DVI, I think you'd need a second adaptor from HDMI.

What's the speed and size of your SD card? Are there any other files on it besides the OS and ROMs? How much free space does it have? What OS is on your computer?