IGNORED

Nintendo DS variant games and slipcovers collection

MiamiSlice

This one is for @avatar!. These are all the DS variants I have. A few of these might not be variants, they might be the only way these games were sold, but hard to say. I left out a few releases like Solatorobo and Ys I & II (well known, only sold as soundtrack bundles) and Etrian Odyssey III (I have the one with the skill tree chart but who cares). I also have some cool bundles like Pokemon Typing Adventure, Personal Trainer Walking, Bayer Didget, Easy Piano, and Master of Illusion, but again, those aren't variants. Anyway, on to the pictures!

D4yEwha.jpeg

LEGO Ninjago Brickmaster set with game, both LE's of Plants vs Zombies, case bundles for Dora and Diego, and dual packs for Disney Princesses / Tangled and The Price is Right / Rayman Raving Rabbids. (Note that for the dual packs, each game case inside has a unique UPC code with "not for individual sale.")

O5nuz1P.jpeg

Up with bonus stylus, Panda with bonus DVD (on the back of the case in its own sleeve), Petz Hamsterz Superstarz with bonus stylus, Pinkalicious with stylus and screen cleaner (might not be a variant), Petz Fashion Dogz & Catz with stickers and DS skin, Crafting Mama with iron-on jewels, C.O.P. The Recruit GameStop exclusive, and cheat code variants for Cars, Cars: Mater National, Drawn to Life, and Drawn to Life The Next Chapter. 

Wwf7cjw.jpeg

Fairyland Melody Magic with magic wand stylus (might not be a variant), Zhu Zhu Puppies with toy (might not be a variant), Ninja Town button bundles (one sealed, one CIB), Petz Dolphinz Encounter with bonus stylus, Naruto Shippuden 4 with lenticular art cel (might not be a variant), Toy Story 3 Canadian release with lenticular cards (there's a US release that has a sticker on the front that calls out the cards, this one has no sticker, and no, the two regions did not get the same cards), Petz Dolphinz with trading cards, Chrono Trigger first print with poster, Spider Man 3 with bonus top ten comic covers insert. 

SLPLgJH.jpeg

World of Zoo with bonus trading cards, Nicktoons Battle of Vocano Island (one with cheat code, the other with HINTICULAR cheat code), Petz Nursery with trading cards, FIFA 07 Mexico exclusive cover, and the Children of Mana Promotional NFR

That's all! And here's a bonus, all the DS releases I have with slipcovers, some of these are variants while others were only sold with slipcovers: 

xTPKzAJ.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's an awesome collection!  You know the story about that Children of Mana?  The letter sounds like it was a promo giveaway, but apparently they gave enough away to make an NFR print run, plus it has the Nintendo NFR sticker, which is weird.  Did Nintendo send out letters like this when they distributed NFRs to shops?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

That's an awesome collection!  You know the story about that Children of Mana?  The letter sounds like it was a promo giveaway, but apparently they gave enough away to make an NFR print run, plus it has the Nintendo NFR sticker, which is weird.  Did Nintendo send out letters like this when they distributed NFRs to shops?

I don’t know for sure but I’ve seen a couple other listings with this letter so at least I know it’s authentic and this is my current theory:

Nintendo published this game and they decided to promote it by sending promo copies to store managers (probably at GameStop / EB Games). The promo copy comes with a “For Display Only” case that has no barcode on the back, a manual, a letter from Nintendo that was folded inside, and a cart with a “Property of Nintendo” sticker on the back. There are no other inserts. I think the idea was the employees could try the game and put the case on display for promoting to customers. 

I suspect that these were supposed to be mailed back to Nintendo but maybe some were put out for sale as used copies or maybe some employees kept theirs. The letter is the rarest part, I’ve seen the cart and case more often than I’ve seen the letter.

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

@MiamiSliceanother variant I just found. Going to be tough because it is just a sticker, but they do have different UPC codes. 91023-SLV is Walmart version. 90023-SLV is normal release.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow! I need this! They do have different weights right? One has a cloth inside?

• 4 weeks later...