IGNORED

I need help with some USA SNES prototypes and possible QC Test carts for a friend

OK this is a big ask but I hope theres some people in the know about proto's on this forum. My friend needs information on two konami carts, we dont believe these are prototypes but maybe QC testing? The PCB's,  one doesnt work just yet but we are hoping it is mortal kombat? this board came alongside another which turned out to be Yogi for the usa snes and it works fine, the carts are the same so I assumed maybe they were from Cybersoft?, but as far as I can tell they didnt work anywhere near MK, did they have a connection to midway somehow ? 

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Edited by davetheshrew

• The title was changed to I need help with some USA SNES prototypes and possible QC Test carts for a friend
2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Is that a NTSC SNES Mortal Kombat prototype and is it different from retail?

As far as I am aware yes to the first and no idea to the second, its not mine, but I will ask if there has been a dump of it for comparison.

Edited by davetheshrew

15 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

contra and turtles are majesco samples, from the made in mexico era, other peeps had those in the past and the boards are final retail, but you can open them up to see for yourself 🙂

I agree to an extent, but what about TMNT?  What gets me is that it says "MUST BE RETURNED TO QC".  I've never seen that on a Majesco cart before.  I find these intriguing variants, but I've never hunted them down.  Are there other examples with that note, and why would it be there to begin with?