IGNORED

Game Debate #95: The Binding of Isaac

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

I don't remember how I first discovered Binding of Isaac but I went in expecting to be amused for a few minutes and ended up putting a fair number of hours in. I haven't even come close to unlocking everything but I have beaten the core loop at least a few times and unlocked some alternate characters. What I enjoy most, I think, is the sheer insane variety that can happen with the upgrades sometimes. This is a double-edged sword as some runs will feel really pitiful and sluggish because the RNG just gives you crap that doesn't work together. Other runs will deliver unto you the most ball-blasting, soul-crushing, death-spewing combination of power ups that no force can stand before you.

A pretty darn fun and creative game for what it is. I haven't played it in a couple years at this point but it is still installed on my PC and part of the beauty of it is how easy it is to pick up and play.

8/10

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Depends on if we're talking about the original Flash version of Binding of Isaac, or Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and its DLCs. If we're talking about the original Flash version, I'd give it a solid 7/10. Very good and very fun even today. If we're talking about Rebirth (which I assume we are?) I'd give it a 9, definitely one of my personal favorite games of the last decade or so, I still play it pretty regularly off and on, and I've gotten the vast majority of the unlocks and achievements in it (which is no easy feat, haha)

• Agree 1