IGNORED

Wayne Gretzky Hockey (NES) Box and Manual Variants?

I don't know the designations, but I know that there are three different jersey variants of the game itself, and two of the manual and box (black uniform and white uniform with logo).  Still trying to lay my hands on a copy of the white uniform manual, as the last time I bought one on eBay, I ended up with another copy of the black uniform instead of what was pictured; it was in such nice shape and cost so little I didn't bother bringing it up and haven't tried again since.

• Like 1

From my forever unfinished box variant thread:

Releases

• Original Release: NES-ZY-USA (01203)
  • Variant #1 (V1): NES-ZY-USA-1 (20108)

Changes

• Front: New photo of Gretzky in white jersey with corresponding change in gold star background; Nintendo logo moved to bottom left; Wayne Gretzky endorsement text color changed to blue and moved to upper left
  • Back: New photo of Gretzky in white jersey with corresponding change in gold star background; "Incredibly Realistic Design and Graphics" text color changed to blue; minor changes to copyright info.
  • Left/Right Sides: Minor changes in background star pattern
  • Top/Bottom: Minor changes in background star pattern

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 10:36 AM, DoctorEncore said:

From my forever unfinished box variant thread:

Releases

• Original Release: NES-ZY-USA (01203)
  • Variant #1 (V1): NES-ZY-USA-1 (20108)

Changes

• Front: New photo of Gretzky in white jersey with corresponding change in gold star background; Nintendo logo moved to bottom left; Wayne Gretzky endorsement text color changed to blue and moved to upper left
  • Back: New photo of Gretzky in white jersey with corresponding change in gold star background; "Incredibly Realistic Design and Graphics" text color changed to blue; minor changes to copyright info.
  • Left/Right Sides: Minor changes in background star pattern
  • Top/Bottom: Minor changes in background star pattern

I have the -1 box but the date is different

NES-ZY-USA-1 (20423)