IGNORED

NES Game with QA Stamp

Hey all. I don't think this is much, but I recently came across a Maniac Mansion cart with a white QA stamped on the back (see attached photos). I had found a Nintendo Age thread on this with no clear answer (can't find it now though). Is there a consensus on where this originated? Is this a thing anyone cares about? 

PXL_20220308_015243204.jpg

PXL_20220308_015246855.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 5:29 PM, dr_orangejuicer said:

Hey all. I don't think this is much, but I recently came across a Maniac Mansion cart with a white QA stamped on the back (see attached photos). I had found a Nintendo Age thread on this with no clear answer (can't find it now though). Is there a consensus on where this originated? Is this a thing anyone cares about? 

PXL_20220308_015243204.jpg

PXL_20220308_015246855.jpg

Is it a quality assurance stamp? If so, I feel like that's pretty cool

11 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Wait where is the proof that Nintendo was doing this? It could still just be some rental store chain or any number of other possibilities 

Yeah true! I shouldn't have said that definitively 😁 definitely could be something like that.

Edit: Nintendo could be eliminated if any other gaming companies popped up with carts or discs like this (Sega, primarily I guess,  considering the era, if it's rental)

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole

I can't add much to this discussion but that QA stamp seems familiar to me.  I feel like I've seen a yellow, almost like a grease paint like stamp on a cart, but SNES feels right.

I wouldn't take my word for it, but let me go through my SNES carts... I might have one like this.  My fear is that I had a friend who let me borrow his SNES in the late N64 era since I never had a SNES of my own.  There's a chance it was on one of his games.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 2:46 PM, a3quit4s said:

Wait where is the proof that Nintendo was doing this? It could still just be some rental store chain or any number of other possibilities 

Rental chain seems unlikely to me - this MM cart does not appear to be ex-rental and the NA thread does not mention rental stickers. Anything's possible though. 

I still suspect these were refurb carts though line pulls make some sense...but I'm just speculating. The saga continues !

• Like 1