IGNORED

To Grade or Not to Grade?

Should I get my sealed PS3 games VGA graded for future resale purposes? (See post for details)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get my sealed PS3 games VGA graded for future resale purposes? (See post for details)

• Yes, absolutely!
    • Yes, but only on higher value items (please specify lower limit)
    • Yes, but only games that would grade highly
    • Maybe, it could be worth it, but the profit may not be worth the cost
    • No, it's not worth doing (vote here if you are okay with grading, but don't see it as being worthwhile in my case)
    • I'm personally against grading in general, so my voice is tainted (vote here if you have a personal bias against grading)
    • Other (specify in reply)

8 hours ago, GPX said:

Modern games aren’t usually worth grading as an investment because the big money is being spent elsewhere. You might make some small profit here and there but this will likely be offset by all the headaches partaking in the grading process.

That’s not to say retro games are guaranteed profit either. No one can really be sure of anything when it comes to investing and projections on what prices will be in 5-10 years. “Everything will shoot up to the moon” is as much a myth as the Easter Bunny. 

Agreed all around.  I figure a good number of them might shoot up, I'd probably have to sit on them far longer than I would like in order to make the expense worthwhile...and there's no guarantee some would even get to a level where I'd break even at this point, especially with the border issues mentioned above.  I'll probably wait to see what prices are like in the future and just hang onto them for now.

• 2 weeks later...

@the_wizard_666 I dont know what kind of housing market you live in or your current financial situation/house goals; but if you are serious about getting a place the next couple years and conventional saving is not doing it, it might be time to think about sacrificing some of what collection you have. 

I live in the US in Washington state and people are getting 100k+ over listing price.  The market is incredibly crazy and only projected to go up the next couple years at least. 

Once I moved into my first house I never wanted to go to any other form of living situation again.

Whatever you do, good luck with getting a house! It changed my life and I couldn't be happier.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1