IGNORED

Super Mario Bros 3 Nintendo NES Fake H-Seam?

AnimalHouse

Watch out collectors!! An ebay seller recently tried to pass off several reseal copies as legit to unsuspecting buyers. Though her plans were foiled and received many negative feedback. I wonder how many more fake h-seams are out in the wild and how do you spot them to be fake?

Past sales: link here

• Angry 1

42 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

auction description of those 3 games say clearly:

**I am NOT claiming this game to be new

I am NOT claiming it to be factory sealed**

so yeah cool story, blame the buyers

True but the title was worded as SEALED. Not POSSIBLY RESEALED or READ DESCRIPTION RESEALED.

Not all buyers read the description. They might read the title or look at the photos only. I know it sounds silly, but many buyers are lazy and will not spend the time to scroll down or swipe down to read on. 

you mean there are people who bid 3,000 usd without reading the description? with 7 or 10 days of time to think, read, bid, re-bid and snipe bid?

that's even more funny, and fully deserved since the description had a hint as large as godzilla

so yeah, sorry, but blame the buyers.

of course it's good you brought the topic to our attention, im not making fun of you 🙂

I am siding with @Tyree_Cooper on this. Because the way the seller says "sealed" in the title does not give anybody an excuse to ignore the item's description. Or even ignore any other facts that make them be innocent. 😐

Q: Does a resealed game mean that the game is sealed?
A: Yes. Regardless of the wrap/sticker's origin, it is considered sealed unless proven otherwise.

Q: Does the title say that the game is factory sealed?
A: No. The title says "sealed" and not "factory sealed"; the latter would otherwise be misleading.

Q: Did the seller use "read description" in other sales?
A: Yes. See the below link for details, as it is also found in the seller's Feedback page.

Q: Was the seller accused of being a scammer despite the fact she added that in the title?
A: Yes. See the seller's Feedback page for details.

Q: Do you have any proof to show this was done before, and she was still accused of being a scammer?
A: Yes. Click the link for proof:
 [click here]

Q: Should any of this be mentioned before any accusations were made?
A: Yes. By ignoring the facts all accusations are in itself fraudulent.

Seriously dude... I'm genuinely disappointed with you right now. And while my pre-edited statement was a bit harsh, I personally found your accusations to be worse. I mean... Yes, she made the "mistake" of not adding minor details. But also consider the thought on how you'd act if you were accused of being a scammer if you did made the same minor mistake.

That said... We need to make sure that rushed accusations are a thing of the past. Along with this issue not making this worse for her. <-(With my past experiences being why I said that.) 😑

(Plus I also feel that this topic should both be locked with the links (including mine) be scrubbed before the trolls find it. Again, my past experiences are the reason for that suggestion.)

Edited by FenrirZero
I felt like I was a little too harsh. But I still wanted to stick with the facts.

The reason this is a problem is not because of the description,  people reading it, buyers being ignorant,  etc... it's because if there wasn't anything in the description, there would be few ways to prove these as fake. 

2 hours ago, RH said:

Are these reseals or fakes.  Maybe it's just her lighting but many of those games looked fishy.  The coloring was just off.  To low contrast.

I agree, the coloring is off.

But even the way she took the pictures is misleading... Surrounded by a bunch of Nintendo stuff, she is clearly a collector. 

It's more just shameful that she's hoping to catch a few hair trigger buyers, giving the whole thing a terrible scammy vibe.

Her descriptions give her an out for people trying to get their money back for falling for this,  but the seller should be ashamed for even selling fake H-seam games. 

TBH, what's the point of creating a fake H-seam other than to try and pass it as new?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

you mean there are people who bid 3,000 usd without reading the description? with 7 or 10 days of time to think, read, bid, re-bid and snipe bid?

that's even more funny, and fully deserved since the description had a hint as large as godzilla

so yeah, sorry, but blame the buyers.

of course it's good you brought the topic to our attention, im not making fun of you 🙂

I'm not disagreeing with you. There could be a valid reason for all your points OR like you said, buyers remorse. 

You're welcome. If it can happen to this popular game, then it can happen to others. Which is why I was concerned. I know about reseals but didn't know h-seam seals could be tampered with.

Off-topic: I found online someone who has gathered a lot of great tips and information on this subject called, How to Spot Fake Sealed Classic Video Games. Judging by the comment dates, its could use a revision.

Edited by AnimalHouse
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered gamekingdom69 is the one who left miss_sunshine_quality two of the negative feedback. Ironically, he has 21 negative feedback himself. I remember this guy being suspended a while back but I guess ebay has given this seller another chance and is selling many random video games auction listings again.