IGNORED

Spy Hunter Limited Edition for PS2

ryanflucas

I know this game isn't all that valuable normally, but I have a specially marked Limited Edition with official Spy Hunter theme single by the band Saliva on second disc. I'm trying to determine value but am lost since I can't find other copies of this and don't know how many were produced? Album disc is marked "for promotional use only" so maybe this was given out at a convention or is a review copy? Anyway mine is complete, and the music disc is like new but the game disc is scratched. I'm considering having my local resale shop run the game disc thru his Elm resurfacer.

IMG_3814.thumb.jpg.4f84ca369c5c9ca2ec3beb488a9d8615.jpgIMG_3815.thumb.jpg.81d9d608237190bc9bdb25ffa2ded533.jpgIMG_3816.thumb.jpg.453f8e2be4f4de82864f5130c72befee.jpg

Edited by ryanflucas
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Never knew that existed.  PS2 Spyhunter is the best iteration of the series.  Love that fucking game.  I personally wouldn't throw more than 10 bucks at it but who knows.   

There's a couple up on Ebay right now starting at $495.  Can't imagine the demand is there though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143757264798

It's rare.  I worked at Midway when this game came out.  It was pretty much in office and in the public a pretty huge thing that we got Saliva to do that track for the game.  I'm trying to recall if it was like an event hand only or sold, but I can't as we're talking about 20 years ago now.  I'm leaning towards like a press/tour/e3-ish like handout type thing, not mass run by any means at all.

I do remember though, the game itself is no different than the standard one off the shelf.  It's cheap as all get out, if it bothers you enough, just drop a few dollars on a clean disc and dump the crap one in the trash or on someone else who isn't condition fussy.  I wouldn't waste your time cleaning it up paying someone to do it.  The rarity is that audio disc and all inserts, and you said it's fantastic, that's the win, as is the special printed cover art pointing out the bonus box that it is.

• Like 1