IGNORED

Tables in Posts - How to Delete?

All - looking for any forum advice if possible.  For my FS items, I maintain them in an excel sheet on my computer, and then paste in the tables directly to my FS thread.

Unfortunately maintaining these tables has become quite the issue.  I can edit and cut out the data aspect, but it still leaves the tables present.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the empty tables so that I can copy over an updated table.

Thus, my FS thread has a huge wall of empty tables underneath my current FS items - any tips on removing?  Would be appreciated as maintaining my FS thread has become a PITA.

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Homebrew Team · Posted

I was able to delete a table I made.  Originally the table was an excel table pasted in word and then paste on the forum.  I selected all the data and backspaced.  It left one long cell.  I moved the cursor to the right of the cell and backspaced.  Table was now gone.  I did this on the mobile site.

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

I was able to delete a table I made.  Originally the table was an excel table pasted in word and then paste on the forum.  I selected all the data and backspaced.  It left one long cell.  I moved the cursor to the right of the cell and backspaced.  Table was now gone.  I did this on the mobile site.

Thanks for throwing out some feedback, unfortunately I still am unable to delete on desktop.  I've tried about everything I can think of and even googling invision forums yielded poor results.  One issue of mine might be that I don't have any free white space under the bottom of the table, thinking it might be preventing me from purging the blank table.

EDIT - meant to also mention I went straight from Excel to VGS, which this day and age I'd imagine would be easy peasy (pastes in fine, just unformatted).

Edited by Boosted52405

Administrator · Posted

Yeah looks like Excel doesn't play so nice. If not that, at the very least SOMETHING you're doing is appending a bunch of pretty garbage html.

I might suggest using something that was designed for copy-pasting to web, like Google Sheets, if possible. Excel isn't inherently built for this, and can run into issues.

I did go into your thread and remove the empty space at the bottom, but I can imagine that this might not be a sustainable way for you to handle the thread in general. 

12 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Thanks for throwing out some feedback, unfortunately I still am unable to delete on desktop.  I've tried about everything I can think of and even googling invision forums yielded poor results.  One issue of mine might be that I don't have any free white space under the bottom of the table, thinking it might be preventing me from purging the blank table.

EDIT - meant to also mention I went straight from Excel to VGS, which this day and age I'd imagine would be easy peasy (pastes in fine, just unformatted).

Occasionally I've had issues deleting quoted text and had to click on the cross symbol at the upper left  border of the box and then push delete. Not sure if that will work for tables, but it's worth a shot.

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah looks like Excel doesn't play so nice. If not that, at the very least SOMETHING you're doing is appending a bunch of pretty garbage html.

I might suggest using something that was designed for copy-pasting to web, like Google Sheets, if possible. Excel isn't inherently built for this, and can run into issues.

I did go into your thread and remove the empty space at the bottom, but I can imagine that this might not be a sustainable way for you to handle the thread in general. 

Much appreciated!  Yes, I think I will have to shift over to Google sheets.