IGNORED

Add a way to disable/unsubscribe from more of the front page announcements?

I've dug through the settings on the site for the past 10 minutes or so and am unable to find anything relevant to what I'm seeing.  I read the announcement about the t-shirts when it first went up weeks ago, but have been unable to have it removed from the front page ever since.  Sometime in the last day or so, I noticed announcements about the latest updates in the blogs and clubs areas, neither of which hold interest for me, and am again unable to find a way to remove these.  Anybody aware of any setting combination to mark these read and/or "unsubscribe" to them the way we're able to with individual forums, topics, etc.?  I figure I can't be the only one who'd like to configure these out of sight, so here's the request for such functionality if it doesn't already exist.

image.thumb.png.28be97052e49354149b94935f4b33836.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Administrator · Posted

The Shirt announcement is a style of announcement that cannot be removed on a per-person basis. It's meant more to be like an "Ad". If people are finding it annoying we could remove it, though TBH it's not exactly in your face. 

I added the blog and club activity feeds to see if it'd get people more actively interested in them. Maybe I move them elsewhere or something.

Eventually we're going to have a different "front page" which will amalgamate all the latest news and featured posts etc.. For now we're experimenting to see what works with what we've got, as that front page will require a bit more effort.

If you add a poll to this thread giving people the option to choose between keeping/getting rid of the Latest Blog and Latest Club feeds, I'll remove them if people vote that way.

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The Shirt announcement is a style of announcement that cannot be removed on a per-person basis. It's meant more to be like an "Ad". If people are finding it annoying we could remove it, though TBH it's not exactly in your face. 

I added the blog and club activity feeds to see if it'd get people more actively interested in them. Maybe I move them elsewhere or something.

Eventually we're going to have a different "front page" which will amalgamate all the latest news and featured posts etc.. For now we're experimenting to see what works with what we've got, as that front page will require a bit more effort.

If you add a poll to this thread giving people the option to choose between keeping/getting rid of the Latest Blog and Latest Club feeds, I'll remove them if people vote that way.

Ah I was wondering why they randomly started showing up above the announcements forum. Mystery solved gang!

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

Ah I was wondering why they randomly started showing up above the announcements forum. Mystery solved gang!

By all means if you hate it and it's dumb lemme know. I just wish people gave more attention to the blogs and clubs, there's some decent stuff in em.