IGNORED

Went to my favorite local store Video Game Trader in Calgary Alberta Canada for Boxing Day. Was among first in, my score!

Joyomofrobro

Today I got a PS Vita to expand my system library on something I never owned yet. I visited a local store in my city Video Game Trader in Calgary Alberta Canada. I went on their website last night to speed up Boxing Day and know what I'm after. Got in line and made it in first, person 28 of first 30. Already enjoying my new buy wanted to share my story of day!

VGT.BD.BUY's.jpg

• Like 4

That's fairly impressive.  It saddens me how much Vita games go for now...I hadn't any idea until someone dumped a collection of like 30 damn GOOD games at the half price up the street.  If they did the system too, it sold fast.  The games seem to range from the low end around 30-40 and the upper get over 100 each but when I looked up what some were they were cream of the crop goodies.  Vita is the one price poison pill for Sony buying if you're into their systems, yet the games are some amazing choices there despite that hit.  I think they had that Odin Sphere too, quite a few of those nice atlus, nis, etc titles as I recall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's fairly impressive.  It saddens me how much Vita games go for now...I hadn't any idea until someone dumped a collection of like 30 damn GOOD games at the half price up the street.  If they did the system too, it sold fast.  The games seem to range from the low end around 30-40 and the upper get over 100 each but when I looked up what some were they were cream of the crop goodies.  Vita is the one price poison pill for Sony buying if you're into their systems, yet the games are some amazing choices there despite that hit.  I think they had that Odin Sphere too, quite a few of those nice atlus, nis, etc titles as I recall.

I really want to get 'Muramasa: The Demon Blade' I had on Wii and did not like the controls of game on it!

8 hours ago, Joyomofrobro said:

I really want to get 'Muramasa: The Demon Blade' I had on Wii and did not like the controls of game on it!

Oh?  What bugged you about them?  That's one of around 10-12 wii games I've held onto.  I'm trying for too many months now locally to get back Dead Space and really Dragon Quest Swords with no luck.

I always 

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oh?  What bugged you about them?  That's one of around 10-12 wii games I've held onto.  I'm trying for too many months now locally to get back Dead Space and really Dragon Quest Swords with no luck.

I always for some reason had trouble playing the Wii games that's probably why my preference!

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Is that the split controllers fault?  A lot of the games allowed use of the pro style controller so it would feel normal.  Pretty sure it uses it, but I'm too lazy to check the shelf as this day was draining. 😛

I had been playing on my WiiU and the Pro Control for the system never worked with game. I had the WiiU Plus Remote and Nunchuck connected to play. Maybe it needed to be played on a original Wii to work with Pro Control if there was a Wii one I'm unsure. On the bright side I just ordered the North American standard copy of 'Muramasa: Rebirth' sealed new for $160 Canadian after shipping, price was below cost at that. One copy PS Vita from a Canadian seller was lucky can't wait to get. Lucky because the price is at $200 new plus shipping on top not many to choose from used so went with the new!

12 hours ago, Joyomofrobro said:

I had been playing on my WiiU and the Pro Control for the system never worked with game. I had the WiiU Plus Remote and Nunchuck connected to play. Maybe it needed to be played on a original Wii to work with Pro Control if there was a Wii one I'm unsure. On the bright side I just ordered the North American standard copy of 'Muramasa: Rebirth' sealed new for $160 Canadian after shipping, price was below cost at that. One copy PS Vita from a Canadian seller was lucky can't wait to get. Lucky because the price is at $200 new plus shipping on top not many to choose from used so went with the new!

Probably the case, I pulled the game really fast to check the box.  Gamecube controller, Pro controller, and standard wiimote+nunchuk so basically everything works.  Mind you I never once touched it on WiiU, when I had that junk I still had the Wii and kept it there, didn't care for the dual boot setup given how damned obnoxiously buggy slow the WiiU menu was they didn't correct for years.

That's I guess a good deal alright saving 20%.  Either way not much of quality sadly is cheap or easy on Vita anymore which is a shame, entering the halls of like Sega's offbeat genesis addon the CD player where anything good is like $100+ too.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...