IGNORED

Professional Electronics Technician looking to help

Orange_Kiwi

Hey everybody !

I'm a professional electronics technician and I'm looking to help fellow VGS members with their projects. I can solder pratically anything (through hole & surface mount components)

I'm looking to offer my services here.

Please leave me your idea(s) or your need(s) in this post. It can be anything related to video games (consoles, modifications, repair, etc.)

Thank you 🙂

• Like 4

21 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

can you help me adjust geometry on a crt?

@docile tapeworm No I can't help you. You need proper equipment and protection. CRT monitor have around 24 kV present inside, can also stay even if the CRT monitor has been unplugged for a while. I recommend that you bring your CRT monitor to your local electronics repair store. I hope that they will fix your problem ! 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I broke the clip on the ribbon connector for my R button on my PS Vita while I was replacing the screen.  (That bitch is tiny!) 

Can I just solder the ribbon in place, or does it need a whole new connector on the board?

@JamesRobot Please see attached pictures.

• If this A, it can be repaired, but this is really tricky (Heat VS rubber when you are soldering/repairing) Easier to just buy the rubber button.
  • If this B, if the black lclip from the connector is broken.
    • Yes you can solder it, but I don't recommend
    • Best option in my opinion, find a new connector and replace the old one. Those seems tricky to find, let me know if you need help. Maybe it is possible to buy the connector and only replace the black clip.

From what I understand, your situation is option B

For more pictures, please see 

PSvita.png

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Orange_Kiwi said:

@JamesRobot Please see attached pictures.

• If this A, it can be repaired, but this is really tricky (Heat VS rubber when you are soldering/repairing) Easier to just buy the rubber button.
  • If this B, if the black lclip from the connector is broken.
    • Yes you can solder it, but I don't recommend
    • Best option in my opinion, find a new connector and replace the old one. Those seems tricky to find, let me know if you need help. Maybe it is possible to buy the connector and only replace the black clip.

From what I understand, your situation is option B

For more pictures, please see 

PSvita.png

Indeed, B is my issue.  I def don't have the skills to replace the connector. 

On 9/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, Murray said:

Lol, skinny gonna blow himself up. 

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Florida man blows up house trying to fix old TV

Sounds about right. 

im not scared to take the shell off. ive done it before. sucker was plugged in and i was turning pot adjustments 🤘🏻

• Like 2