IGNORED

Nothing for now

Fryer64

@Tanooki @fcgamer I dunno one sold on eBay recently for $2,600 but there is another there for $2,600 which makes me think the seller bought it themselves to pump up the price and then re-listed it. There is another that sold in June for $1,799 which seems to be a more legitimate sale. I should think a VGS decent price would be around $1,500 but that is up to @Fryer64

There are some sitting on eBay with higher price tags but no one is biting on those. 

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

@Tanooki @fcgamer I dunno one sold on eBay recently for $2,600 but there is another there for $2,600 which makes me think the seller bought it themselves to pump up the price and then re-listed it. There is another that sold in June for $1,799 which seems to be a more legitimate sale. I should think a VGS decent price would be around $1,500 but that is up to @Fryer64

There are some sitting on eBay with higher price tags but no one is biting on those. 

That typically what happens, much like that video over wata/ha people are mad rightly about now.  it's common, the board members of that very company do the same, buy an item, then post it for a bit more, and buy it themselves to jack up perceived value and do it ever so often to raise it further.  Same tactic here, you buy your own stuff, it shows as bought, then just tank it on the back end and that's that, publicly it stays green as sold.  Fake sale sets fake value.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That typically what happens, much like that video over wata/ha people are mad rightly about now.  it's common, the board members of that very company do the same, buy an item, then post it for a bit more, and buy it themselves to jack up perceived value and do it ever so often to raise it further.  Same tactic here, you buy your own stuff, it shows as bought, then just tank it on the back end and that's that, publicly it stays green as sold.  Fake sale sets fake value.

I would never inflate my own prices. I can show you the person who bought it and our messages. It's not sold because the guy thought his sold. It was an embarrassing experience for the both of us, and I have proof to back that up. 

That being said it never hurts to have items for sale for more then what you want, because best offer is usually what ends up happening. Price manipulation isn't the goal, or even part of the plan. 

Feel free to call me on it. Although I would be sorta throwing that guy under the bus if even for just a simple mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Fryer64 said:

I would never inflate my own prices. I can show you the person who bought it and our messages. It's not sold because the guy thought his sold. It was an embarrassing experience for the both of us, and I have proof to back that up. 

That being said it never hurts to have items for sale for more then what you want, because best offer is usually what ends up happening. Price manipulation isn't the goal, or even part of the plan. 

Feel free to call me on it. Although I would be sorta throwing that guy under the bus if even for just a simple mistake. 

I didn’t realize the $2,600 sale was you and I apologize for jumping to conclusions. 

Fryer I'm not picking on you, it's a general comment that people pull this crap all the time and it's easily enough figured out watching the info that ebay still does share which makes it even more annoying.  If you have a legit snag, sorry to hear it, but there's no way to know either.

24 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Fryer I'm not picking on you, it's a general comment that people pull this crap all the time and it's easily enough figured out watching the info that ebay still does share which makes it even more annoying.  If you have a legit snag, sorry to hear it, but there's no way to know either.

Haha no harm no foul. This was kinda funny. Oh also check out the spelling it's great 

Screenshot_20210824-213736_eBay.jpg

Edited by Fryer64
Lolz
  • Haha 4

• The title was changed to Wideboy (gameboy, gameboy color) cartridge $2000
  • The title was changed to Nothing for now