IGNORED

Cheap(er) Earthbound... but no takers

Aside from the 0 Ebay transactions this person has, what's the red flag? The glossy cart? 1 missing scratch and sniff card? Surely that wouldn't account for hundreds of dollars cheaper, not to mention it's obo. This is 2020 pricing 😂

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EarthBound-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1995-/163806725724?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole

I'd request a quality image of the cart sticker to get more comfortable, but that said, looking at what I have from that image (the game, and the guide minus the 1 card) it looks right.

I think it's either a mix of nerves over the cost and push back over the cost.  Things seem to be slowly trying to scratch back against some of the stupidity going on.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I'd request a quality image of the cart sticker to get more comfortable, but that said, looking at what I have from that image (the game, and the guide minus the 1 card) it looks right.

I think it's either a mix of nerves over the cost and push back over the cost.  Things seem to be slowly trying to scratch back against some of the stupidity going on.

Yeah, the 1,800 range for that game is way out of hand. It's far too common to warrant that,  even in great condition. 

• Like 2

Yeah I don't get it.  I wasn't happy when EB started being standard around $80 what...decade or so ago?  I thought it was high then for a game published into the hundreds of thousands.  There are far more games published in smaller prints, agreeable by the public as good or better (being objective, not fanboying on it) that don't hit those levels.  Things are just skewed, badly, sense and common sense just gone.  It's why I'm just over it, getting rid of what doesn't float my boat, and keeping what matters most only.  A few exceptions, like EB, since it' snot a favorite, but I do like to dabble...and into the hundreds isn't dabble funds. 😉

• Like 3

On 8/6/2021 at 11:51 PM, tidaldreams said:

You can't actually buy it because the seller has an error with their account. If you notice, it has 270 watchers... people are waiting for them to fix their account. This happens occasionally for some reason, there was also a CIB oracle of seasons for $95 that had the same issue.

Oh.  Shit. That makes sense why there are so many watchers and 0 transactions from the seller probably had something to do with it.