IGNORED

Guess that Game!

6 minutes ago, Californication said:

Nope. Home console, solid game. Forgot to include it in my recent pickups, but I purchased other games on the console this plays on.

Ahh, import Saturn. Definitely out of my wheel house haha. 

twinkle tail looks cool, big pocky and rocky fan

Twinkle Tale is great. It checks all the boxes, level design, style, difficulty, good boss fights, it's fun. The split routes are a great feature too because each route only takes you slghtly off the main path and there is always a risk/reward. You can risk getting beat up to go for some goodies, but you might end up worse off if you aren't prepared. I'm on level 5 or 6  on the normal difficulty and I think it is easier than Pocky and Rocky, but I am pretty sure there is a hard setting. 

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

No idea. I’m guessing it’s in the arcade?

A good rule of thumb, if a vertically oriented game has a huge useless UI block on the side to fill out the screen in a horizontal format, it's probably a home console port of an arcade game. 😄 

It's not a Saturn game btw.

• Like 1

Welp since peole don't know their shmups here :P, it is Master of Weapon. 

Having second thoughts about it though. It basically kind of has the graphic style of a Vapor Trail/Raiden with the shooting/bomb mechanic from Xevious. 

I picked up this one and Dangerous Seed at the same time and I would say Dangerous Seed on hard is a much better arcade style game overall. (And the first boss was funny the first couple times, but having a penis wag at you in an overly long first boss encounter gets annoying)

Edited by Californication