IGNORED

"Official" NA lists

So a lot of people used to consider a full set based off the old NA checklists. I was wondering does anyone have those lists now that NA is dead and gone? Or is there another website with the "official" full set lists? Wikipedia is too convoluted with non NTSC stuff. RF Generation has variants clogging up the works. I know it's all subjective and I'm not here to argue about it, I'm just curious what people are using for fullset lists now?

These are the games from the NintendoAge lists:
https://www.videogamesage.com/blogs/entry/18-usa-nes-rarity-guide-licensed-unlicensed-games-and-more-v13/

Although Sharedata Chiller and AGCI Wally Bear are on the above lists and weren't included in NintendoAge's list of 91 that everyone considers the unlicensed set.

IMO the NintendoAge lists were wonky especially with regards to whether or not publisher variants counted. NintendoAge's death is a chance to break free from the tyranny of the old lists and decide for yourself IMO.

14 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

IMO the NintendoAge lists were wonky especially with regards to whether or not publisher variants counted. NintendoAge's death is a chance to break free from the tyranny of the old lists and decide for yourself IMO.

While I do agree, I'm still curious what people are using. 

Do you know, what about other games? Game Boy, Sega Genesis, etc? Do you think Price Charting's lists would be a good source?

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

While I do agree, I'm still curious what people are using. 

Do you know, what about other games? Game Boy, Sega Genesis, etc? Do you think Price Charting's lists would be a good source?

Pricecharting has all kinds of weird stuff (competition carts, homebrew, non-games). If you just want something to work off, you would get less nonsense just starting with Wikipedia. Wikipedia incorrectly calls their list a "list of licensed Genesis games" when it includes unlicensed games like Ishido and Onslaught, although I've never seen a Sega list distinguish out licensed games like NES. The Wikipedia Game Boy list also combined publisher variants from the NintendoAge list, although the NintendoAge list was far from complete (e.g. Majesco and Accolade Centipede don't have separate entries on Wikipedia). But hey, I don't like any list. You have to start somewhere and fix it yourself.

19 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Pricecharting has all kinds of weird stuff (competition carts, homebrew, non-games). If you just want something to work off, you would get less nonsense just starting with Wikipedia. 

How about Digital Press rarity guide? For example, when I use Saturn, and US Release, it returns 250 results. I *think that is accurate, but did the NA list have 251? I'm not sure. sigh...

5 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

How about Digital Press rarity guide? For example, when I use Saturn, and US Release, it returns 250 results. I *think that is accurate, but did the NA list have 251? I'm not sure. sigh...

I'm sure DP hasn't been updated in forever so I dunno. Sega Retro is a great source for Sega info IMO and they have region-based lists, but you'll still find wonkiness. SR's list includes Sega Rally Netlink Edition but not Daytona Netlink Edition when most people I feel would either include neither or both. SR's list combines Mysteria and Blazing Heroes into one game, but DigitPress doesn't. DP and Sega Retro both include "Netlink Game Pack" which is just the bundle that includes Sega Rally Championship and Virtual On, both games already on the lists separately. Wikipedia on the other hand includes Netlink Game Pack, but not the individual SRC Netlink or Virtual On Netlink separately, and does include Daytona Netlink separately! NA could've had all of that plus the Netlink web browser or something, or maybe it counted multiple Virtua Fighter Remix variants because NA lists sometimes broke out particularly collectible games into a separate database entry.

Looking at multiple sources and you'll always find these edge cases that lists disagree on. If you're using these lists to build a collection you could just pick one, then when you get 99% of the way done, start worrying about the nitty gritty?

5 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Use Satakore for Saturn. You can break it down to regions if you aren’t getting PAL or Japanese stuff. Also has the contents that were included with the game including pictures.

• Like 2