IGNORED

Help finding a picture of a Hagane (Super Famicom) PCB (Ebay dispute possibly)

On the collector question side I posted this 

Upon closer inspection it seems that the PCB might be that of the Super Famicom version despite buying an ESRB cart, but I can't seem to find proof of that, the seller responded to me saying that the cartridge chip is 'a variation found in Mexico' but I can't seem to find any evidence to back that up, the other stuff looks pretty real so this is an unusual situation for me. Any help would be appreciated for sure! Here is the message he sent me, he seems nice so i'm hoping he just knows something I don't.

207249065_236575331635839_43538670704007

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, Sumez said:

7WSFbXL.jpg

UAWpqn6.jpg

From my own collection, bought way before the game was considered a collectible the way it is today, so I have no doubt it's legit. 🙂 

Thank you, I figured this was the case though I'm still unsure of why every other aspect seems authentic, not sure why someone would gut a US PCB from a real cart to put a JP one in it..

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

I'm still unsure of why every other aspect seems authentic, not sure why someone would gut a US PCB from a real cart to put a JP one in it..

My guess is that the original owner (i.e. the person who did this) felt it was easier to mod a cart than it would be to buy a SFC. Maybe even be cheaper than to buy a SFC-to-SNES converter. 🤔

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

My guess is that the original owner (i.e. the person who did this) felt it was easier to mod a cart than it would be to buy a SFC. Maybe even be cheaper than to buy a SFC-to-SNES converter. 🤔

I'd be curious if that was ever the case with Hagane, assuming my box/manual/cart shell were legit anyways I'd be satisfied enough, but now I'm suspicious of the whole thing 😞

• Like 1