IGNORED

Earthbound Brand New with a rip in the plastic, top right corner

tbone3969

So I am trying to help a friend out.  He wants to sell his brand new sealed Earthbound in good condition.  Reason it is only good is that it has a rip in the plastic on the right corner.  I am waiting on pics but I trust him.  Let's see if he can actually produce the pics.  In the mean time I told him I would try and get a ball park market price for him.  Someone already offered him a trade worth of 5k in games and I told him to hold off for now.  I recommended he just send it in to Heritage and have them grade and sell it for him.  

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I should have known better.  He isn't really a close friend as I met him at a game convention and we have been texting back and forth now for years.  Similar thing happened when someone told me they had a Sony / SNES CD proto system.  That was a funny thread on the old NintendoAge.  I am so gullible.  I will update if/when this guy ever sends me pics.  He says he will.  Let's see.  Thanks.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

Heritage also doesn't grade games.

I thought if it was a high enough value game they would cover the costs of getting it WATA graded.  They are practically the same company anyway.  Like with that person that found the black box Mario game in their drawer.  I don't think they got it graded first then sent it into Heritage.

11 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

I thought if it was a high enough value game they would cover the costs of getting it WATA graded.  They are practically the same company anyway.  Like with that person that found the black box Mario game in their drawer.  I don't think they got it graded first then sent it into Heritage.

The 2 companies have nothing to do with one another, they're completely separate.

Wata used to send games to Heritage for you after grading them but no longer do that. Now you have to wait to get the game back and then send it to Heritage yourself.

16 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The 2 companies have nothing to do with one another, they're completely separate.

Wata used to send games to Heritage for you after grading them but no longer do that. Now you have to wait to get the game back and then send it to Heritage yourself.

I understand they are two different companies but isn't there some overlap on who sits on the board of both companies.  Like I could have sworn the guy who bought NintendoAge had his hand in both WATA and Heritage.  This is why the selling of Dain's collection at insane, graded prices, was so sketchy.  If true, don't you see the conflict of interest here?

" Jim Halperin, co-founder of Heritage Auctions, is an advisor to WATA Games, as is Josh Nathanson, the founder of ComicLink."

https://antiquesandauctionnews.net/articles/The-Rise-Of-WATA-Games-And-The-Mass-Speculation-Of-Factory–Sealed-Vintage-Video-Games/

Oh there is actually a whole thread on here about it...

I just keep getting a weird vibe a guy named Jeff Meyer is listed on the Wata SEC filing, if its the same Jeff Meyer who owns Go Collect and bought the “Carolina” collection and NA and is selling that collection on Clink and HA. Am I over reading into it? Or does it feel like a big conflict of interest. Maybe just a different Jeff Meyer. 🙄 Gut check here people. Now Go Collect is sponsoring video game conventions. I totally get the capitalist fervor. Gotta respect the hustle!

Maybe someone with better knowledge of corporate structure and such can educate me. 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1711064/000171106418000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

A4F1147A-9FD3-401E-BCC7-AC9DE9149850.jpeg

Edited by tbone3969

20 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

I understand they are two different companies but isn't there some overlap on who sits on the board of both companies.  Like I could have sworn the guy who bought NintendoAge had his hand in both WATA and Heritage.  This is why the selling of Dain's collection at insane, graded prices, was so sketchy.  If true, don't you see the conflict of interest here?

" Jim Halperin, co-founder of Heritage Auctions, is an advisor to WATA Games, as is Josh Nathanson, the founder of ComicLink."

https://antiquesandauctionnews.net/articles/The-Rise-Of-WATA-Games-And-The-Mass-Speculation-Of-Factory–Sealed-Vintage-Video-Games/

Oh there is actually a whole thread on here about it...

I just keep getting a weird vibe a guy named Jeff Meyer is listed on the Wata SEC filing, if its the same Jeff Meyer who owns Go Collect and bought the “Carolina” collection and NA and is selling that collection on Clink and HA. Am I over reading into it? Or does it feel like a big conflict of interest. Maybe just a different Jeff Meyer. 🙄 Gut check here people. Now Go Collect is sponsoring video game conventions. I totally get the capitalist fervor. Gotta respect the hustle!

Maybe someone with better knowledge of corporate structure and such can educate me. 

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1711064/000171106418000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

A4F1147A-9FD3-401E-BCC7-AC9DE9149850.jpeg

I don't understand the problem. I sit on boards of multiple technology companies, is that a conflict of interest? Of course other members of the hobby are going to be advisers to other companies, they have incredible knowledge of the business which is valuable to other businesses. If I owned eBay, it might be beneficial for Wata to reach out to me as an adviser as well, it could help them with their listings.

I also don't see the issue with Jeff being involved with Wata, what's bad about that? He bought a bunch of games, had them graded and sold them at market value. It is confusing why the SEC Would get involved at all though, what's that about? Wata has nothing to do with securities nor exchanges.

I also don't understand how being on the board of one company and being an adviser to another company makes both companies the same company. That would mean Mr. Lube and Boston Pizza are the same company because Jim Treliving is on both boards.

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't understand the problem. I sit on boards of multiple technology companies, is that a conflict of interest? Of course other members of the hobby are going to be advisers to other companies, they have incredible knowledge of the business which is valuable to other businesses. If I owned eBay, it might be beneficial for Wata to reach out to me as an adviser as well, it could help them with their listings.

I also don't see the issue with Jeff being involved with Wata, what's bad about that? He bought a bunch of games, had them graded and sold them at market value. It is confusing why the SEC Would get involved at all though, what's that about? Wata has nothing to do with securities nor exchanges.

I also don't understand how being on the board of one company and being an adviser to another company makes both companies the same company. That would mean Mr. Lube and Boston Pizza are the same company because Jim Treliving is on both boards.

It seems Jeff was somehow involved when WATA filed for incorporation.  You have to list certain info when you file but I didn't know WATA was a public company.  Don't think they are so not sure why the SEC is involved.  People with more knowledge here can speak on that. 

It just seems shady to me that Heritage is "advising" WATA and Jeff possibly has some involvement with WATA as a company as per the SEC filings.  It seems like a racket to me.  IDK call me crazy.  This was all talked about before.  There was also an article about how one of these owners/advisors were previously linked to a coin grading scam.  I am trying to dig it up now.  I believe they got busted for it too.

Well what do I know anyways.  I would still use Heritage and WATA if I had a high end sealed game to sell.  Business is business.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...