IGNORED

Mega man games from Japan

9 minutes ago, Knud said:

I am wondering which Mega man games i could import from Japan without the language being a problem

All of them

edit: let me clarify,

All NES mainline (not including Rock Board)

All X games and 7 on SNES. Rockman and forte has some menus that may be slightly bothersome, but do not break the game.

All Gameboy games.

Lots of reading on the GBC games, but gameplay is straightforward.

Megadrive game is ok, but too expensive. Which I’m assuming defeats your purpose.

Everything PS1 and later starts becoming more language intensive 

Edited by phart010
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, phart010 said:

All of them

edit: let me clarify,

All NES mainline (not including Rock Board)

All X games on SNES. Rockman and forte has some menus that may be slightly bothersome, but do not break the game.

All Gameboy games.

Lots of reading on the GBC games, but gameplay is straightforward.

Megadrive game is ok, but too expensive. Which I’m assuming defeats your purpose.

Everything PS1 and later starts becoming more language intensive 

Thanks, that was quite informative. I was aware of the NES and SNES, but the rest is unexplored territory. DS games in the same category as PS1?

14 minutes ago, Knud said:

Thanks, that was quite informative. I was aware of the NES and SNES, but the rest is unexplored territory. DS games in the same category as PS1?

Yea. The Megaman series starts getting a lot more story intensive after SNES. You can still play the PS1 games but you’ll be missing out on what’s being said whenever there is dialogue. Maybe you can do Rockman X4 and Rockman 8 in Japanese. But X5 and X6 start getting more dialogue intensive.

The GBA battle network games are dialogue intensive. Rockman Zero is probably tolerable, but you can still buy these affordably in English.. Also the Zero/ZX collection is affordably available on Switch now which is the definitive version.

On DS the Starforce series is heavy in dialogue and menus. The ZX series is also heavy in dialogue.. again ZX series is included in the affordable definitive Switch collection 

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 12:49 AM, phart010 said:

But X5 and X6 start getting more dialogue intensive.

On the other hand, those games are awful, and if you are going to play them, not understanding the plot would probably only be an improvement, if just a slight one 😆

I got all the NES Mega Mans in a huge bundle of Famicom carts from Japan back like 20 years ago, and never bothered to get any English language version of any of them after that. No reason to. Mega Man X1-3 as well, just go with the Japanese, you get the cooler box art.

• Like 2