IGNORED

Neo Geo glitches

I recently got a few NeoGeo Cartridges and some of them show glitches on screen. Some have no audio, others have part of the screen messed up. I am playing US cartridges on a Japanese console (shouldn't matter). Tried to clean the cartridges with q-tip and alcohol but  didnt really do much.

Can the cartridges be damages? It's weird because this is happening on multiple of them. Or maybe the console?

Thoughts appreciated

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah what, the carts?  Rig up something like the NES cleaning kit for the CONSOLE and hit that vigorously.  That does look like a dirty connector more than a cart, especially since you've cleaned them.

It is possible you have invisible to a glance funk, maybe a magic eraser bit wet with 91% alcohol would help.  I've had to do this before, and despite the usual on a paper towel appearing clean, I get a little hidden gray that was more dug in and bam the game worked.

Worst case scenario, you're starting to have a chip failure, but the NeoGeo being arcade hardware has checks and it would start kicking some sort of warning.