IGNORED

Anyone collect CIB for Lynx by chance? Question about Desert Strike if so!

So today I managed to get my hands on this one and the manual looks extremely fake, but looking around it.. Might be real? Was curious if anyone had one to reference, pictures don't help much just it looks like they spent 1 second printing it. The texture of it feels just like normal printer paper and you can see stuff cut off.

E0GKtwkWQA0iHfe?format=jpg&name=medium

E0GKuSDXsAoRGRF?format=jpg&name=medium

E0GKuB4XoAMWfub?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by goldenpp72

3 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

I did not, I could take one but a picture doesn't really help determine texture. This feels like uh, newspaper. I'll throw a picture up though just in case.

I just assumed because you didn't post the title of the game, that a picture would have been included 😛

EDIT: Just noticed the title in the thread title.  I didn't see the entire title when I opened it.  I'm dumb.

Edited by the_wizard_666
I'm dumb

Well, I did look it up on Google.  The white bars on the manual cover strike me as being odd because the handful of manual pictures I saw don't have them.  That said, it's hard to say for sure because Telegames may simply have ran off more, making it a variant instead of a fake.  But again, I'm no expert, so I couldn't say for sure. 

4 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Well, I did look it up on Google.  The white bars on the manual cover strike me as being odd because the handful of manual pictures I saw don't have them.  That said, it's hard to say for sure because Telegames may simply have ran off more, making it a variant instead of a fake.  But again, I'm no expert, so I couldn't say for sure. 

On eBay you see 2 versions with different cart versions, so it's a bit confusing for sure. One listing notes it as a 'second release'

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by goldenpp72

7 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Might I suggest asking over at AtariAge?  They may be able to offer more aid than you'll find here on a generalist collecting site.  I'm leaning to a variant, but it's hard to say for sure, and those guys know their stuff.

I looked there to see if prior existing info existed but maybe, the images they have on their site aren't the same as mine anyways.

On 4/28/2021 at 5:12 PM, goldenpp72 said:

On eBay you see 2 versions with different cart versions, so it's a bit confusing for sure. One listing notes it as a 'second release'

That's feasible.  There are three known cartridge types, and many games were done with more than one version.  AA's database doesn't list a cart variant for Desert Strike, but they don't have everything listed either.  It's quite possible that it IS a variant, but I'm not an expert on it.