IGNORED

One Piece Unlimited Adventure - Dramatic price drop, have you ever see this?

DrAfrokid

Hello everybody.

I was checking prices and came across this title, which as you may remember at the time was one of the expensive Nintendo Wii games and to my surprise has had a dramatic price drop.

The truth is that I do not remember any game that has had this behavior before, it is usually the opposite. The game has not received re-releases or remakes and the series is still as popular as it was at the time. Any idea why this phenomenon occurred, do you know of other games that have had this behavior and what was the cause?

Greetings and thanks!

1055404926_Capturadepantalla2021-04-23alas01_40_14.png.05c6334cc201a1d80c4d4ea455d0cbe8.png

Edited by DrAfrokid

Yeah, I remember this being one of the pricier Wii titles at the end of the Wii/beginning of the Wii U era. This is why I generally advise against speculating on modern stuff. A reprint is almost never out of the question. We’re seeing this happen now with some retail Switch games.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

rather late reply, but I thought I’d share a bit anyways.

I was following this game back then and that reprint turning up was a major reason behind its price sink.  It was the Wii’s most pricey base game at the time.  Not long after the reprint some new wii collectors started coming onto the scene and helped to move attention away from that and to stuff like the maximum racing games and Mensa.

• Like 1