IGNORED

Storing a disc in its case on its back.. Problem?

Hey all, so I've heard conflicting things over the years. Primarily I try to keep all my games stored on their upward sides but I'm trying to tighten up space a tad and find a few points where storing them flat would allow me to stack a few here and there. This would only be a few games every so often but it looks nice. I've heard storing them as such can lead to damage though and wondered if any of you all had insight? Might just put them in a separate upward case and store the cases if there is long term risk. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Well gravity can bend vinyl albums when stored sideways, so it could technically bend game discs over long time but probably depends on how much the disc is elevated on the spindle in any specific case. I checked some PS1 game that's been stored sideways in its case for years and didn't see any curve on it but those cases don't really have free space to bend into. I'm not too worried on the smaller size discs like CD/DVD/Blu-ray but my goal is to store them upright in any case.

10 hours ago, sp1nz said:

Well gravity can bend vinyl albums when stored sideways, so it could technically bend game discs over long time but probably depends on how much the disc is elevated on the spindle in any specific case. I checked some PS1 game that's been stored sideways in its case for years and didn't see any curve on it but those cases don't really have free space to bend into. I'm not too worried on the smaller size discs like CD/DVD/Blu-ray but my goal is to store them upright in any case.

I more or less try to, but the nature of shelves means you'll always end up with a little dead space so I'd like to fill the gaps as it were, but not feel guilty about it 😛