IGNORED

VGA graded consoles seem to be selling more after that big Nes Action Set sale and is it time to collect for the PS2 and PS3?!

Dumars2001

I noticed in the past couple of days after that $36,000 sale of the VGA 85 Nes Action Set sale, there seems to be more people buying up graded (and ungraded consoles). Does anyone on here collect sealed systems? Do you think they will continue to spike in price? Those prices below seem like bargins, compared to that action set price. Another thing I am wondering about, is what do you guys think of the collectibility of the Playstation 2 (#1 all-time best selling console) and Playstation 3m (#7 all-time best selling console)? I guess, most of the generation that grew up on those 2 consoles are still quite young, but in 15 to 20 years, they will start having disposable income and nostalgia for the games/systems they played when they were younger and want to buy/collect for that ERA. Right now, PS2 and PS3 (games & sealed consoles) are both still pretty cheap to buy, compared to the older systems (Nes, N64, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, PlayStation 1, etc). Is it time to collect sealed consoles and games (sealed and non-sealed) for the systems I mentioned above?! Maybe some of you guys are already into buying for these systems.

PS3 Console VGA 85 for $1500. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation-3-Spiderman-40gb-Bundle-VGA-85-Console-System-NEW-Sealed-PS3-/284143852336?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

PS2 Console VGA 80+ $1749

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-2-Combo-Pack-Vga-80-Scph-50001-Console-System-NEW-Sealed-/254831047258?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

PAL Super Nintendo Console VGA Q85+ 2,099GPB (approximately $3,000 USD)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Console-brand-New-VGA-Q85-/303888049916?epid=110617212&hash=item46c123a6fc%3Ag%3A5u4AAOSwdPxgK4bq&nma=true&si=mdOX%2BnMVPOWLIXF1d8vkNA2fV34%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Kind of strange if you think about it. In North America, Nintendo consoles are not sealed. You can open them without much evidence that they’ve been opened. 

With this being the case, VGA would have to open the box to verify the contents are untouched. But if VGA opens it to verify, then it’s definitely not “sealed” anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

Kind of strange if you think about it. In North America, Nintendo consoles are not sealed. You can open them without much evidence that they’ve been opened. 

With this being the case, VGA would have to open the box to verify the contents are untouched. But if VGA opens it to verify, then it’s definitely not “sealed” anymore.

Im pretty sure they dont open them.  Were talking VGA here, not WATA.  I got my 3DS back recently and it def was not opened.

7 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Im pretty sure they dont open them.  Were talking VGA here, not WATA.  I got my 3DS back recently and it def was not opened.

Just depends.  If you see a qualified grade then they did open it, but if it's a 'new' grade then they didn't.......probably.  I say it that way because sometimes you'll see games/systems that were never sealed and still receive a standard new grade.  Not sure if those were sent in sealed cases or if it's just inconsistency on their part.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

How would you know? Brand new 3DS systems are not sealed. There’s a little cardboard flap that gets tucked into a slot in the edge of the box. You have to bend that back to open it, but Nintendo had to bend it back at the factory to close it. From the factory, that little flap has a little crease to it. If you opened it up carefully, just to verify it, nobody would be able to tell the difference.