IGNORED

Resealed Game

joshdose

I came across this Final Fantasy X on eBay. I am 90% certain that it is re-sealed, but wanted to see what other opinions are out there:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-X-Factory-Sealed-New-PS2-Playstation-2-SNES-NES-Y-FOLD-/274672662159?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I have purchased and re-sold a LOT of these back in the day, and I don’t ever recall one not having the official Sony sticker on top. It looks like someone successfully resealed this using security sticker from another game.

On 2/6/2021 at 3:03 PM, joshdose said:

I came across this Final Fantasy X on eBay. I am 90% certain that it is re-sealed, but wanted to see what other opinions are out there:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-X-Factory-Sealed-New-PS2-Playstation-2-SNES-NES-Y-FOLD-/274672662159?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I have purchased and re-sold a LOT of these back in the day, and I don’t ever recall one not having the official Sony sticker on top. It looks like someone successfully resealed this using security sticker from another game.

It's a re-seal for sure but not what you think. I bought a lot of these PS2 re-seals years ago, on different titles. Basically what it is, some distributors intentionally opened the cases and inserted the security label, then resealed and sold them in bulk. There are whole-sale stock of these available on other titles. I still have a Contra - Shattered Soldier with the same re-seal and sticker.

Doesn't take away from the fact that it's an opened copy, or that it's extremely less desirable than the original. I had to buy a second copy of Contra, because the store I bought it from didn't disclose the actual condition.

And you are 100% correct about FFX. It never was printed without the official Sony security seal. FFX was before the cutoff date where Sony discontinued printing the security seal on their games.

Update: OMG I didn't notice that there were bids on this... 🤦‍♂️ I can't believe people are paying $500+ for this nonsense. Good lord...game collecting is dead...

Edited by Amermoe