Hollywoodcaddy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I know exactly. Is one heavier than the other?

Yeah I get it's probably got the famicom adapter....which would make sense on my variant timeline for gyromite...but if it doesn't have the adapter then my timeline doesn't make sense...i dont have the non TM gyromite and the guy selling it is a total Jackoff and if he even smells the possibility of something being rare then he will raise the price on me 10X ...so I really need a variant expert to tell me if this does indeed have a famicon adapter and if the chip inside is pre 8539!!!

13 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I have a test market matte sticker Gyromite and mine has the TM on the box, manual and cartridge. It has a Famicom adapter and the chip date is 8539.

That's all I can tell you.

Yep...that's right haha...my thought is that yours along with all the others are the exact same... it fits...what I'm thinking tho is that this gyromite predates that by a few months...not for the New York release in october of 85 or even the test market like you mentioned...but for the consumer electronics show in June of 85...which would pre date all of the known 8539 chips...seeings how the CES was before the 8539 chips were installed and before they had to put on the TM ...see what I'm saying...I really need @ThePhleo to weight in here haha

7 minutes ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Yep...that's right haha...my thought is that yours along with all the others are the exact same... it fits...what I'm thinking tho is that this gyromite predates that by a few months...not for the New York release in october of 85 or even the test market like you mentioned...but for the consumer electronics show in June of 85...which would pre date all of the known 8539 chips...seeings how the CES was before the 8539 chips were installed and before they had to put on the TM ...see what I'm saying...I really need @ThePhleo to weight in here haha

For CES they wouldn't use the same chips, they would use EPROM and just rewrite them again after the show. I guarantee you they didn't use a retail board and label for CES, they would used a EPROM prototype board with no label and the front cut out to swap chips.

If this is a retail cartridge, it was released after October 1985, probably between the switch to the registered trademark. I have Solid Snake here without a TM nor R because it was right in between the switch.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

For CES they wouldn't use the same chips, they would use EPROM and just rewrite them again after the show. I guarantee you they didn't use a retail board and label for CES, they would used a EPROM prototype board with no label and the front cut out to swap chips.

If this is a retail cartridge, it was released after October 1985, probably between the switch to the registered trademark. I have Solid Snake here without a TM nor R because it was right in between the switch.

Ahhh..so you are a variant dork as well haha...in any case it'll be here in a few days and I'll figure it out for sure then...and is that an nes snakes revenge without a TM or R you meant to say...cuz I dont have one of those lol

3 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Ahhh..so you are a variant dork as well haha...in any case it'll be here in a few days and I'll figure it out for sure then...and is that an nes snakes revenge without a TM or R you meant to say...cuz I dont have one of those lol

You could say I know a little about variants.

Yes, I meant Snake's Revenge.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

You could say I know a little about variants.

Yes, I meant Snake's Revenge.

Oh Ive already gathered that you know a little more then a little about the variants haha...when you're not busy I'd love a picture of it so I can confirm it "for myself" 😁...I'm sure you can confirm HUNDREDS I need but I'll settle for just the snakes revenge whenever you get a chance haha 😁

23 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't have inside photos right now. I just have these for a potential insurance claim.

Ok...no problem...me and my buddy are just trying to figure it out is all haha...so you're saying that your snakes revenge is oval seal with no TM or R and it came out in between the TM and R transition or the circle seal to oval seal transition?

1 minute ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Ok...no problem...me and my buddy are just trying to figure it out is all haha...so you're saying that your snakes revenge is oval seal with no TM or R and it came out in between the TM and R transition or the circle seal to oval seal transition?

The cartridge has no trademark notation which is weird.

I mean the transition from TM to R. This one never got a circle seal release.