IGNORED

UGCs?

Forgive me if it's been asked, I looked up UGCs and Universal Game Cases in here but didn't see anything recently.

So we all know Media Shelving got rid of UGCs. What I didn't know what Media Shelving is gone. Or at least under that name. I guess they completely rebranded and turned into The Video Store Shopper? This new(?) business still has UGCs on their site. But it's "call for price" now. Are they still being made or is this just a page they shouldn't have up?

Assuming that UGCs are truly gone for good...what's the next cheapest option for loose cartridge games? I'd like to stick with something that can handle NES/SNES/N64 cartridges like UGCs did (at least with a little modifying lol).

5 hours ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Forgive me if it's been asked, I looked up UGCs and Universal Game Cases in here but didn't see anything recently.

So we all know Media Shelving got rid of UGCs. What I didn't know what Media Shelving is gone. Or at least under that name. I guess they completely rebranded and turned into The Video Store Shopper? This new(?) business still has UGCs on their site. But it's "call for price" now. Are they still being made or is this just a page they shouldn't have up?

Assuming that UGCs are truly gone for good...what's the next cheapest option for loose cartridge games? I'd like to stick with something that can handle NES/SNES/N64 cartridges like UGCs did (at least with a little modifying lol).

You could try something like this from etsy. This maker makes these mini cases for cart collectors

https://www.etsy.com/listing/539128369/mini-nintendo-64-protector-boxes-cases?ref=shop_home_active_48&frs=1&crt=1

Little pricy but its an option thats a little different 

Does Stone Age Gamer still sell clamshell cases?

The big flaw with UGC's was that they didn't natively hold NES games. It required a non-trivial amount of modification with a Dremel tool.  (I tolerated the endeavor making cases for the two LE batches of Battle Kid and BK2, back in the day, and wouldn't do it again, personally)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Does Stone Age Gamer still sell clamshell cases?

The big flaw with UGC's was that they didn't natively hold NES games. It required a non-trivial amount of modification with a Dremel tool.  (I tolerated the endeavor making cases for the two LE batches of Battle Kid and BK2, back in the day, and wouldn't do it again, personally)

Time and effort are worthless to me as I have both in spades. It's price that's the factor which is why UGCs was my option. But even they weren't cheap after shipping...even from CA to WA was...stupidly expensive.