IGNORED

Virtual Boy Weekly Contest Round 3: Nester's Funky Bowling

Red

Hello and welcome to the third round of the Virtual Boy Weekly Contest!  Put down that turkey and pin some Nintendo Power comics to your wall, this week's game is Nester's Funky Bowling!  If you have some spare time, give this one a roll!  Bowling might not strike your fancy, but don't split!  Rack up those points and you may just have a ball!

Rules:

- Play Bowl in 1 Player Mode

- Enter your name as your VGS user name (or as much of it that fits)

- You may choose either character, either hand, and whichever ball you want

- Highest score wins

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 3, 2021 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/5999-virtual-boy-weekly-contest-leaderboard-rules-20202021/

Good luck and have fun!

SCOREBOARD:

1. 267 (ZeldaFan042)

2. 258 (Proveaux)

3. 233 (koifish)

4. 104 (Splain)

Edited by Red
  • Like 2

Alright! The good news is, I am already much better at this game than I was at waterworld. Gonna post current high score in a bit.

Okay, score added. After a few rounds I really hit my stride. Not sure if I can repeat it, but here is my entry: 233

Unfortunately, Nester is too impatient to stay still on score screens, and it passed the high scores screen before I could screenshot it, but I did get the big flashy number.

I probably won't be able to surpass that, but I may try again this weekend.

koifishVBWeek3Sub01.jpg

Edited by koifish
Added score marker
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Proveaux said:

Took many games but I did up my score.

20201230_133334_compress94.jpg

20201230_133341_compress14.jpg

This makes me curious; are there virtual boy emulators that support 3D TVs? That was the one tech bandwagon that I wish I could have afforded to buy into back in the day. Now I have the money but it's hard to get 3D stuff. Some games I own on PC also support 3D Vision, but you can't actually get that software or hardware anymore.

12 minutes ago, koifish said:

This makes me curious; are there virtual boy emulators that support 3D TVs? That was the one tech bandwagon that I wish I could have afforded to buy into back in the day. Now I have the money but it's hard to get 3D stuff. Some games I own on PC also support 3D Vision, but you can't actually get that software or hardware anymore.

Not up on vb emulators, but that would be cool. I have a 3d tv. I think I watched Avatar on it and that may be it. Really haven't got much use of the the 3d feature but a vb emulator would solve that.

This is my setup at the moment.

20201230_153508_compress74.jpg

• Like 1