IGNORED

Are these PSP Premium games new/unopened?

RH

I'm selling off a lot of my PSP inventory, and when I started inspecting some of my items, I noticed that, to me, two of my premium games appear to be unopened.  My question is, were these shrinkwrapped?  I've found a couple examples on eBay but, honestly, who knows if they were sold that way. I've not seen price tags on them, so I'm suspicious.

Also, if you look at the photos videos in the gallery linked below, it looks to me like all of these flaps were folded once.  Is there anyone a bit more knowledgable on these PSP titles take a look and let me know if these appear to be opened or not?  Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rn3byOBOH25iVHqx-YxZo4luMT8A7dPt

3 minutes ago, joshdose said:

Those XSEED Premium editions were all shrink wrapped. I had picked up a couple from GameStop, including the Legend of Heroes one you have there. It was definitely wrapped.

Ok, thanks.  So, shrinkwrap has definitely been removed.  That said, the box flaps do appear to be unopened.  I know this isn't the place for these questions but assuming this is unopened, how does that affect the value.  Shrink wrap is important, but if the contents are untouched, it helps.  I know WATA grades stuff like this differently (and I've briefly joined discussions on it) but I have no clue how much it changes the value.  I just don't want to give these away at a CIB price if they are, in fact, NIB.

I typically wouldn’t recommend grading something like this unless you want it for your own collection. If looking for a profit, VGA would be the better option to get that graded. They will grade it under the Qualified grading scale. They authenticate wether or not it was ever opened, then carefully remove all of the contents to make sure everything that’s supposed to be there is there. It would increase the value some, but wouldn’t be worth the cost of grading fees at this time. It will go up in value slightly with time. All that being said, there is a legit, gold graded (in archival casing), shrink wrapped copy on eBay right now for a steal at $200. 

23 minutes ago, joshdose said:

I typically wouldn’t recommend grading something like this unless you want it for your own collection. If looking for a profit, VGA would be the better option to get that graded. They will grade it under the Qualified grading scale. They authenticate wether or not it was ever opened, then carefully remove all of the contents to make sure everything that’s supposed to be there is there. It would increase the value some, but wouldn’t be worth the cost of grading fees at this time. It will go up in value slightly with time. All that being said, there is a legit, gold graded (in archival casing), shrink wrapped copy on eBay right now for a steal at $200. 

I'm looking to sell these, not keep them.  But, again, I'd rather bump them up in value a bit if they haven't been opened.  But, thanks for the details.  I didn't know VGA did that.  I thought they only graded non-shrink wrapped items only if they were never shrink wrapped to begin with .  I knew WATA did that, but not VGA.

3 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm looking to sell these, not keep them.  But, again, I'd rather bump them up in value a bit if they haven't been opened.  But, thanks for the details.  I didn't know VGA did that.  I thought they only graded non-shrink wrapped items only if they were never shrink wrapped to begin with .  I knew WATA did that, but not VGA.

Yep. I lot a people don’t realize this about VGA. Look up “VGA Qualified” on eBay and you will see examples of VGA graded games where the shrink wrap has been removed and the boxes have been opened. It will increase value, but usually only feasible for games that are worth more than a couple hundred bucks, to offset the cost of grading fees. After shipping, grading fees, etc... it will cost about $100 to get those graded, even under the slowest tier. You won’t be able to sell it for more then $200, so not worth it at this time.

• Thanks 1