IGNORED

Video capture setups?

dvertov

I'm looking into doing some video capture for streaming and recording a/v from NES / Famicom via composite video for a few projects... I've worked with plenty of video but I've never done analog capture before, so I'm curious what everyone else had luck with. I typically use Adobe Premiere for any video work. Price point isn't a huge concern but I'd like to stay under $100 on any new equipment, if possible.

2 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

You're already set for HDMI capture with like a HD60, then a RetroTINK-2X is the thing you're looking for.

Ah, I've been looking at the RetroTINK-2X, but the HD60 is the piece I've been missing. Any complaints at all about that one? I was hoping not to have to spend that much on equipment because I'm not sure how much I'll use this thing, but I don't want to half-ass my way into a poor quality setup and end up having to pay more down the road if I go that direction.

1 minute ago, dvertov said:

Ah, I've been looking at the RetroTINK-2X, but the HD60 is the piece I've been missing. Any complaints at all about that one? I was hoping not to have to spend that much on equipment because I'm not sure how much I'll use this thing, but I don't want to half-ass my way into a poor quality setup and end up having to pay more down the road if I go that direction.

I have an HD60 S and it seems to work great over USB. It's pretty old so I'm not sure if it's still the "best" one. I also hate buying things and having to upgrade down the road so I just went with the expensive tested brand name thing. The live capture is pretty delayed though (0.25s?) so I wouldn't plan on playing through the HDMI passthrough, but since you're using composite I imagine you're splitting off to a CRT.

I capture footage off an AVS with an HD60 S for Youtube:

• Thanks 1