IGNORED

My Game Room...Now Let's See Yours!

Snapped this pic today after putting up my Gameboy games collection on display:

EfS3HbP.jpg

I noticed most people prefer dark shelving for their game rooms. Is there a reason for that? Personally I think white shelves provide a good contrast and the items being displayed are much more visible and colorful. I used to have dark shelves in my previous home and it didn't look this vibrant.

• Like 2

I like dark cabinets myself, I don't feel they wash anything out really. I posted this pic in another topic, right now I'm about 1-2 weeks out from 'final' stage which just means everything is tight and tidy, obviously more to add over time, but i'll share this pic here in the meantime. Please pardon the mess as this was just when trying out the pong table, i'm currently letting a wire cover melt outside so I can manage the wires and such running to it, so it'll be a bit before I can be too proud 😛

EcHwsAdX0AMsACE?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

It's a slippery slope to be sure, I bought any console that had series I liked, and that happened lol.

I was very close to having a very similar setup as yours, then realized I don't have the space, nor the money to afford it. So, I downsized a few years ago. More power to you though. I do love to just look at it.

Also, bonus point for the Genesis/Sega CD/32X combo there. I had the same setup in '95. My friends were very jealous.

11 minutes ago, Tekdrudge said:

I was very close to having a very similar setup as yours, then realized I don't have the space, nor the money to afford it. So, I downsized a few years ago. More power to you though. I do love to just look at it.

Also, bonus point for the Genesis/Sega CD/32X combo there. I had the same setup in '95. My friends were very jealous.

Thanks, I even have a special adapter to do all 3 of those in one brick 😛 Very handy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BortLicensePlate said:

What's that pong table @goldenpp72

It's a mechanical pong coffee table, it's very novel but kind of fickle. Like, having to clean it in special ways, open it up, tighten tracks and replace felt/teflon tape kind of deal. I like it a lot but it's a bit of work to keep it functioning well, and expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1