IGNORED

PS3 Trophy Hunters - Before servers shut down for good

RetroMichel

Hello VGS,

Here we can share our PSN IDs so that we can collect trophies before some games go offline, like LBP sooner this year.

Please post the game(s) you are currently playing so that we can help each other before it is too late.

• My PSN ID: RetroNalo
  • Currently playing: Ultra Street Fighter IV (Super Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition)

I will happily help and join you if I have the game(s).

Thanks,

Michel

----------

Original post (June 3, 2020):

Hey guys ! I'm currently playing the LBP games on my PS3 and was wondering if any of you were interested in playing with me. My PSN ID is RetroNalo, just add me and tell me you're from VGS. That would be nice !

I am currently playing LBP 1, 2, 3 and Karting and collecting trophies. Let's go hunt some online trophies together !

Michel

Edited by RetroMichel

• The title was changed to PS3 Trophy Hunters - Before servers shut down for good
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

I stopped trophy hunting in 2017. Had to quit that addiction cold turkey. 

You know when I first heard the term I thought whenever a quitting smoker felt like a cigarette, they literally eat cold turkey instead! 😄  Like it was some sort of home remedy or something.

But yeah I know some games have now-impossible trophies as the multiplayer feature was long ago retired...I just hope they don't retire completely the ability to earn PS3 trophies and count towards your scorecard.  Surely they won't do that...right?

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Estil said:

You know when I first heard the term I thought whenever a quitting smoker felt like a cigarette, they literally eat cold turkey instead! 😄  Like it was some sort of home remedy or something.

But yeah I know some games have now-impossible trophies as the multiplayer feature was long ago retired...I just hope they don't retire completely the ability to earn PS3 trophies and count towards your scorecard.  Surely they won't do that...right?

I thought the same thing as a kid lol. I distinctly recall even suggesting it as a solution to a question a teacher asked in elementary school once. "Eating cold turkey can help to break bad habits, my mom did it to quit smoking!" thinking I was so smart lol. 

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

I thought the same thing as a kid lol. I distinctly recall even suggesting it as a solution to a question a teacher asked in elementary school once. "Eating cold turkey can help to break bad habits, my mom did it to quit smoking!" thinking I was so smart lol. 

Well I guess it can't hurt!  BTW if there are any asthmatics here or one of your kids is one, and you or they have an asthma attack...give yourself/them a fresh piping hot cup of coffee on the way to the hospital for the breathing treatment.  I know from personal experience it does help some.

6 hours ago, Estil said:

Well I guess it can't hurt!

Well, technically it could, as a lot of folks who stop smoking tend to put on a lot of weight, primarily due to replacing one oral fixation (the act of smoking) with another (eating), often times with similar chemical reactions going on in the brain (dopamine release, and all its fun, wacky effects).

My brother was working on losing weight a few months after working on stopping smoking, as he'd been diagnosed as having crossed over the border toward Type 2 diabetes.  He had gotten himself down to the lowest level patches and was in the process of weaning himself when he started dieting, exercising, etc., to get his weight and sugar under control.  Suddenly, he was having these huge mood swings, intense cravings (either for food or cigarettes) and was at a total loss until he discovered that the nicotine from the patches (and smoking) was causing him to want to eat, and eat all the things he absolutely couldn't have (either due to the diabetes or allergies, the latter of which actually causes all those symptoms to double down even worse), then the same, but opposite effect happening as he'd exercise and eat properly--his body would suddenly start demanding tobacco.

Ultimately he ended up smoking again, albeit significantly less than he had previously, just so that he wasn't always on the verge of exploding like a raging asshole, something that would have quickly and immediately cost him his job.  Granted, he was heavy before he started smoking, so one didn't lead to the other, but for some folks one could lead to the other, then lead to both, which can trap people in a cycle.