IGNORED

Edit post HTML directly

ThePhleo

Any way we can get the ability to edit the post HTML itself?

Currently, it's impossible to edit a table without having to copy and paste it into Excel, modify it there, delete it here, and repost it here.

That's a lot of work for what should just be something like cut and paste.

Example Use Purpose:

My rarity guide below has a glaring error. I have "6 in 1: Caltron" listed with Color Dreams / Bunch / Wisdom Tree games, when it should be with "The Rest!"

I would love to have access to the HTML and just cut the < tr > from that table, into the other. But I can't.

Edited by ThePhleo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, people can have access to edit HTML in posts, but the admins have to grant access.  Right now, very few people have access to the HTML feature.  I'm guessing because it can possibly be exploited to create some wonky layouts and might not be as restrictive as the NintendoAge HTML WYSIWYG editor.

Anyway, I'd love to have this feature too but I know that at this time, it's not doable.  It's kind of reserved for the admins.

@ThePhleo Hey there, can I ask, when you say "delete the table here", would you have any tips on how to do that? 

I'm currently having an issue with my FS thread where my tables copied in from Excel are nearly uneditable - I can tweak the existing data cells, but can't figure out how to delete rows, or delete the entire table so that I can recopy it in.

26 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

@ThePhleo Hey there, can I ask, when you say "delete the table here", would you have any tips on how to do that? 

I'm currently having an issue with my FS thread where my tables copied in from Excel are nearly uneditable - I can tweak the existing data cells, but can't figure out how to delete rows, or delete the entire table so that I can recopy it in.

I have the same problem too, so my workaround is this:

1. When making a table ALWAYS ensure you have white space below and above so you can highlight the entire table and delete it.....or else:

2. Ctrl + A > Ctrl + C > Ctrl + V into word, then Ctrl + X entire post, edit it in word and then copy paste back into thread.

Basically, tables are broken in all ways with Invision forums :V

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I have the same problem too, so my workaround is this:

1. When making a table ALWAYS ensure you have white space below and above so you can highlight the entire table and delete it.....or else:

2. Ctrl + A > Ctrl + C > Ctrl + V into word, then Ctrl + X entire post, edit it in word and then copy paste back into thread.

Basically, tables are broken in all ways with Invision forums :V

You rock, thank you!