IGNORED

RIP Rosie the Riveter

Tabonga

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/rosalind-p-walter-the-original-rosie-the-riveter-dies-at-95

This may seem inconsequential now but the entry of women into the workforce en mass (they were always there before - but usually in smaller numbers and less important positions) would change American society drastically a few decades later,   While most of the women (including my mother who worked in a munitions factory) went back to their pre war lives once the war was over (and men would staff the factories again).  But they told their daughers about their experineces - and the daughters would become a much more visible prescence in the workforce once they were old enough.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Whoa. I wouldn't have even guessed that she was still alive.

It is sometimes kind of amazing how people survive longer than you would have thought,

This is a very famous picture from the destruction of the Warsaw Ghettoin WWII :

download (16).jpeg

Most of the people taken prisoner were sent to Treblinka where virtually all of them perished.  I saw a documentary a few years ago that interviewed the man who was the little boy in the picture,  It wasn't explained how he manage to survive but it is amazing that he did.

Edited by Tabonga