IGNORED

N64 CIB & games CIB, Bart NES NIB, PC Engine DUO RX Like New in box $470 OBO, Military Madness Sealed & Mint $370 OBO

tbone3969

1. Selling a PC Engine DUO RX Like New in box.  Asking $470 OBO

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/wan/d/new-york-duo-rx-mint-in-box-pc-engine/7095097492.html

2. Military Madness (TG-16) Sealed & Mint $400 OBO (pics coming)

3. ShapeShifter TG-16 new and sealed $275 OBO
image.thumb.jpeg.cb79de18fe371595477e28d2ade2ad4b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3091cf5b173886496f71eb2b4eeeab0.jpeg

5. Bart vs. Space Mutants New and Sealed MINT

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/vgm/d/new-york-bart-vs-space-mutants-nes-new/7100796978.html

6. N64 system complete in the box with a number of great games all CIB and in good shape

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/vgm/d/new-york-n64-cib-and-games-all-cib-mint/7100796291.html

Thanks.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nrslam said:

CD-i Demo disks are very common, but these are labelled as Beta-Testing which I haven't seen before.  Would be interesting to know if it's the same as the final retail version of Voyeur II. I'd check the version number on mine for you, but it's not a game I own.

To my understanding it was never officially released so how can you check it against the "final retail versions"?  It is a complete game however.  Like you can play it from start to finish.  At least that is what I have heard.  I have yet to beat it, only tested it.  Thanks.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:44 PM, nrslam said:

Wikipedia lists it as released for the CD-i, but they've been wrong before.

I don't even know if these discs I have are real or not.  Starting to get suspicious and I have refunded whoever bought one on eBay.  Here is my eBay communication I sent them as I don't want to type it all again:

I always wanted a CDi system. I know they are prone to have issues & wanted one that was refurbished & working perfectly.  I found this this:

(removed for privacy)

That bundle isn’t the one I bought obviously but I did get a similar bundle.  Turns out the seller lives in the Bronx so I started talking a lot with him as I live in NYC too.  He claims he is a former Philips employee & worked on the CDi systems for years before the system went under.  He does have an extensive knowledge of all CDi systems & their inner workings.  Or at least to me it seems he does.  I have a pretty good BS meter & I believe him.  He mentions how he has all these “Demo” discs just sitting around his apartment that he can’t sell on eBay b/c eBay threatened to kick him off years ago for selling Demo discs (although he currently has two listed right this second).  He said the problem with eBay really started when he was selling the Mario Wacky Worlds disc.  He can only get away with selling a few obscure titles these days (no Zelda or Marios).  This makes sense as I could see Nintendo putting up as stink about this.  I ended up ordering 20 discs from this guy & they all played perfectly in my system.  I am really good at burning CDr games & I couldn’t get any CDi games I burnt on my home PC to play properly, but all of his played perfectly.  I though that was a good sign.  I didn’t even question if they were fake or not.  I assumed they were legit.  I then started selling some on eBay & after 4 or 5 sold I started getting questions about where I got them from & if people could see pics of the back of the CDs.  After this I started getting suspicious & did some research online.  It was then I thought that these might be fake.  I texted him & refunded people on eBay.  He gets back to me today with a super long message about how these were the last batch of Demo Discs made out of Canada & you know they are legit b/c they will play on any model & any region of CDi player throughout the world.  “You couldn’t burn these discs if you tried” he says, & I tried & couldn’t.  There are many texts & they are very long.  He offered to give me a full refund on the discs I purchased from him…. etc. etc. etc. Happy to send screen shots of our texts if you wish.  He said this was exactly why eBay almost kicked him off as people started complaining to Ebay he was selling fakes.  This was like ten years ago.  He still sells the systems as you can see & he has over 2,000 100% perfect feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jle7jif3dsio4s1/AAA4-ol7MiJNAiafFvriPYH8a?dl=0

Edited by tbone3969

I don't have an extensive history or much at all other than being an active owner of the thing when it was on the market and for a good while after and I had bumped into demo discs in the day, and that Zelda's Adventure one in that drop box image looks like the stuff I used to see at stores.  They tended to just be the full retail game with the bland ink on top as they were just meant for kiosks.  I remember them having that number code and they'd vary a little on the ink on top, but very little, usually a font size shift depending on the length of a title.

I don't know a whole lot about cdi NFRs but I know that the wand of gamelon picture in the Dropbox is legit. The thing that I look for is the thick silver ring on the inside and outside of the printed part of the disc. I don't think that Zelda's adventure one is real though. As far as I was able to find when I was researching Zelda NFRs, Zelda's adventure is only printed on red as seen on this page (coincidentally I think it's also the source for your wand of gamelon picture). 

https://www.lanpartyguide.com/zelda/collection.html

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

If I remember correctly (keeping in mind that it has been a few years), that dorwena777 person used to sell Voyeur 2 discs that looked like they'd just printed out the scan of the disc displayed on Hidden Palace and slapped it on the top of the disc, same reflected light pattern as said CD and same white blemishes. Might have even been the same seller who used to always have Mario's Wacky Worlds discs with homemade cover art and the like. 

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I don't have an extensive history or much at all other than being an active owner of the thing when it was on the market and for a good while after and I had bumped into demo discs in the day, and that Zelda's Adventure one in that drop box image looks like the stuff I used to see at stores.  They tended to just be the full retail game with the bland ink on top as they were just meant for kiosks.  I remember them having that number code and they'd vary a little on the ink on top, but very little, usually a font size shift depending on the length of a title.

This fits the exact back story of what I have been told with these discs.  They are "post production" discs which is why they look different from the original demo Ddscs you see pics of on the net.  I am also being told that these discs are actually better than those original demo discs because the dye used in these CDs are higher quality and the disc will last longer.  I have also been shown work email communications with Philips and old boxes with logos on them so I am now convinced these are legit. 

I have also common games like Tetris and Little Devil and I just don't see someone going through the troubles of counterfeiting all those dime a dozen games.  I feel I have done enough due diligence to start selling these again.  If anyone wants any let me  know.  I am listing the Zelda NFR here for $150 and on eBay for $175. 

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by tbone3969

Well he is swearing up and down that they are legit.  He has also provided old emails conversing with Philips, amongst other detailed information.  I can share it if need be.  I think these discs are legit.  

Also, why in the world would he have discs of budget games like Tetris.....  why waste the time and materials?

Edited by tbone3969

Yeah he said he ran out of retail copies of games long ago but he did have a retail CDi movie he gave me because I asked for one.  He threw in Dances with Wolves.  His story keeps checking out the more I learn about him which is why I believe him.  Like who has a retail copy of Dances with Wolves CDi just hanging around?  Mint and brand new.  He said he bought a bunch of the CDi stock dirt cheap when the system failed.  I believe him.

• Like 1

I just saw this thread and as a CDi collector I wanted to verify that Dorwena is indeed completely legit, and a true treasure that anyone with an interest in the CDi would do well to buy a system from. He is indeed a former Philips tech who still provides service for these CDi players, and to my knowledge is the only person who can properly repair and restore them for future preservation. There's no better person to buy a CDi from, or to have yours refurbished by.

As for the discs, those are indeed legit. All of them. I also got a few and they all checked out. I hope this reassures anyone reading this thread.