IGNORED

Remove sticker residue from PS3 paper insert

Tyree_Cooper

I have a hard time believing there will be no damage to the paper with goo gone or any other chemical cocktail...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3jKw_z3NQE&t=1m57s

I have this insert which had an orange sample/not for sale sticker on the barcode. Previous owner or shop seller before him thought he'd go to jail or something, so he removed it like a boar. Good thing is, except for a small piece on the right side, it looks like the insert is actually pretty much undamaged. But there is sticker paper and glue residue all over the place.

Anyone with experience removing this kind of residue? It's the cheap thin kind of sticker, they're designed in purpose to mess up everything if you try to remove them.

spacer.png

Goo Gone will almost definitely darken/stain it because it's oil based and the paper will absorb it. The SSX Tricky insert definitely looks rekt on the back now. Team Bestine here. A hair dryer and rolling it off could work too since there's no plastic to worry about.

Edited by DefaultGen

Bestine seems engineered for concrete removal, I'm not sure it leaves a stain? Google led me to some other possibilities:

"Adhesive Release"

"un-du"

A hairdryer is probably enough if the sticker is intact, which is not my case. I'm left with the battlefield after the sticker was taken off the host.

17 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Bestine seems engineered for concrete removal, I'm not sure it leaves a stain? Google led me to some other possibilities:

"Adhesive Release"

"un-du"

A hairdryer is probably enough if the sticker is intact, which is not my case. I'm left with the battlefield after the sticker was taken off the host.

There was a thread on NA where someone mentioned Un-du as being extremely effective and quite safe for paper. I can't remember who it was, but it was someone with a legit reselling business and they had a lot of experience with adhesive removal.

5 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

"Adhesive Release"

"un-du"

Bestine and Un-Du are the same thing marketed for different purposes (I'm not sure if they're 100% heptane, but the solvent in both is heptane). I needed to prop up team Bestine so I made a short video using it on a box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHmF37HwK7I

• Like 1