IGNORED

The Good Day Thread

Scrobins

Moderator · Posted

We all lead interesting lives within and beyond our love of gaming. And I thought it would be fun to have a thread just for people to share really good days they’re having or things they did whenever “today” is for them. I wish we knew more about each other outside gaming. Maybe it’s one big humblebrag thread, but if you had a really good day, share it here!

I’ll kick it off because today was special for me. Today I was admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States. I stood up in the courtroom and took an oath in front of all nine justices with my colleagues and others, while my uncle, a recently retired attorney who I’ve always admired also attended. I’ll likely never actually get to deliver an oral argument to the court, but it’s a fun feather in my cap all the same.

35F814F0-3544-413D-91DE-24886A333AE6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 2

2 hours ago, Scrobins said:

We all lead interesting lives within and beyond our love of gaming. And I thought it would be fun to have a thread just for people to share really good days they’re having or things they did whenever “today” is for them. I wish we knew more about each other outside gaming. Maybe it’s one big humblebrag thread, but if you had a really good day, share it here!

I’ll kick it off because today was special for me. Today I was admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States. I stood up in the courtroom and took an oath in front of all nine justices with my colleagues and others, while my uncle, a recently retired attorney who I’ve always admired also attended. I’ll likely never actually get to deliver an oral argument to the court, but it’s a fun feather in my cap all the same.

Wait a minute, are you for real, seriously?  I mean pretty much every little boy or girl from the first time they lift up a law book dreams of someday being a Justice of the Supreme Court...or at the very least get as far as you got!  I mean, what can I say, this sounds like something so very few even get close to achieving and you must and should be so very proud.  Incidentally my wife got a Master of Science in Criminal Justice from Kaplan University back in 2009 and you can bet I was so proud of her for that...I even let her use my cap/gown from UK and our hallway back then to do a little graduation thing for her since sadly she couldn't attend the real one 😞 

• Thanks 1