IGNORED

Gameboy ITA games

BigBucky

@BigBucky, @RH

When talking about ITA games there are a few things to look at. 

What do you want to collect?

1. Box CIB
  2. Carts
  3. Manuals
  4. Cart & Manuals

Each section has there own challenge.

VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND NO TRUE NINTENDO BOX HAS A COUNTRY CODE ON THE BOX only on the Tabs

For CIB then your in for the wildest ride in the Gameboy collecting section, not even AUS or German codes are this difficult.

• ITA CIB will have GIG but not all are a TRUE ITA cib. Some can have a NEAI, GPS, NOE, EUR, UKV and UKV-1 Manual/Cart or combo. 
  • All GIG sticker CIB will have a GIG Manual and this will only make a true GIG ITA CIB.
  • All GIG printed CIB are True ITA and will have the True ITA manual.
  • * All Mattel printed CIB are True ITA and will have the ITA manual. (note 1)

Going after the Cart only is will easy it just like any other Gameboy code. 

• They can be a ITA, ITA-1 or ITA-2.

Going after the Manuals only you will be scratching your head and throwing darts,

• most will have up to 3 versions and to find them will take a keen eye.

For the cart & manuals refer to CIB.

And this only scratch the surface.

@BigBucky

DO you have a list yet?

Edited by JVOSS
Note 1. added mattel info.

hello first thank you for help me, i don't wish to collect all ITA games i just have 3 nice games without manual so i wish to complete them with proper manual, ITA code manual is almost impossible to find for these but i don't wish to buy manual for them what not match with original release, UKV code manual is possible to find but ITA code is hard to find, this is 3 games i wish to complete all have ITA code, can you tell me originally back then did these have only ITA code maual or UKV or some of this 3 have ita code manual some UKV ...how can i know exactly what code manual they have back then?

gameboy manuals ITA.jpg

for example i find picture of castlevania this one have ITA code manual is it possible that this one can have other code manual like ukv noe or only ita code like on picture690763412_gameboy12.thumb.jpg.031f520142419b4b30c74c7ca873a202.jpg

also this one have ita code

gameboiy 1.jpg

3rd one i find here

http://www.game-boy-database.com/game-B2-330-ITA.html

also says that have ita booklet

one more question i see that these ita games on ebay.it are expensive are they worth more then ukv, noe games ? are the more rare?

Edited by BigBucky

ITA games being more expensive/rarer vs UKV ones is a bit relative, while they may or may not be rare in comparision, it all depends on how many people want them.

UKV copies may be even more common, but considering everyone in the UK and other European countries want them (because let's be honest, British and other European collectors can be picky about a game not having a case or manual in English), the demand makes them usually pricier. 

UK also has a retro fanbase bigger than any other European country, probably (maybe Germany has one as big I guess), so Italy and its surrounding countries (which probably had a similar nintendo games distribuition back then) most likely have a smaller retro fanbase, making the demand lower. 

Regarding the manuals being ITA or not, if the tabs of the box have a ITA code along with the cartridge, I guess it's safe to assume it only had an ITA manual. It would have probably used the EUR code in the cartridge if it had more than one language manual, or more than one manual inside the box, ITA manual and another one (I think the Netherlands did something like that). It may depend on the publisher though, but someone in Italy may remember it properly. 

Considering that you're finding ITA manual or boxes hard to find, it's probably safe to assume they're rarer aka not as many copies floating around the market. 

4 hours ago, NierAutomata said:

ITA games being more expensive/rarer vs UKV ones is a bit relative, while they may or may not be rare in comparision, it all depends on how many people want them.

UKV copies may be even more common, but considering everyone in the UK and other European countries want them (because let's be honest, British and other European collectors can be picky about a game not having a case or manual in English), the demand makes them usually pricier. 

UK also has a retro fanbase bigger than any other European country, probably (maybe Germany has one as big I guess), so Italy and its surrounding countries (which probably had a similar nintendo games distribuition back then) most likely have a smaller retro fanbase, making the demand lower. 

Regarding the manuals being ITA or not, if the tabs of the box have a ITA code along with the cartridge, I guess it's safe to assume it only had an ITA manual. It would have probably used the EUR code in the cartridge if it had more than one language manual, or more than one manual inside the box, ITA manual and another one (I think the Netherlands did something like that). It may depend on the publisher though, but someone in Italy may remember it properly. 

Considering that you're finding ITA manual or boxes hard to find, it's probably safe to assume they're rarer aka not as many copies floating around the market. 

i agree with all this you wrote about rarity

so i have impossible job to find this 3 manuals they are never sold on ebay.it ,italy dont have good online shops with lots of manuals for sell, so maybe is long shot to ask here on forum that someone sell me , or i can trade these to some Italian collector for noe or ukv version of same game, my games are in top shape carts and boxes