IGNORED

Masters of the Universe MOTU He-Man Action Figures

Clutchcards

I have a bunch of Masters of the Universe Action Figures for FS or Trade (Sale preferred). These were made my Mattell in the early 80s. Have both complete & loose figures, some misc weapons/accessories as well.  

Shoot me a PM if interested.

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6405.JPG

IMG_6406.JPG

IMG_6407.JPG

IMG_6408.jpg

Edited by Clutchcards
Updated pictures
  • Like 1

They do look nice.  If Masters wasn't the tour de exploitation right now as Transformers were a year or so ago I'd be interested but He-Man and Skeletor.  I've got this compelte Clawful I keep on my desk for laughs but that's about it.  I think complete both those guys are like $75 and the weaponry/body armors get nuts on their own.  You'll do well in other words when you find your buyer on that stuff.  The ones with the accessories will help because many of them are like $10-15 a pop for the little pieces of plastic.

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They do look nice.  If Masters wasn't the tour de exploitation right now as Transformers were a year or so ago I'd be interested but He-Man and Skeletor.  I've got this compelte Clawful I keep on my desk for laughs but that's about it.  I think complete both those guys are like $75 and the weaponry/body armors get nuts on their own.  You'll do well in other words when you find your buyer on that stuff.  The ones with the accessories will help because many of them are like $10-15 a pop for the little pieces of plastic.

Thanks. Its tough to gage value, seems like theres a wide range. What do you mean by the Masters tour de exploitation?

Up until very very recent history they were pretty well overlooked and you could pretty actively buy them and not have to worry about it.  Now though, if you want one with the accessories they came with you're in the $10-20 range just to start, and for key ones like He-Man and Skeletor it's like $75+, and when you get into the weird stuff like the Scareglow which you don't have depending on condition/completeness I think it hits like a thousand for the toy.  It's very much a great time to be selling them as you'll make out quite well compared to recent-ish past some years, and I'm sure it'll pop and level back down eventually so you're in a good spot.

I try and keep up with toys from various points in time, one being the 1980s when I was a kid.  I've got a rather decent sized setup of G1 Transformers I keep around and they're all complete for parts and pieces.  I learned fast you don't go in without otherwise you'll end up eating it hard on individual tiny pieces of plastic as in the last few years you can now buy a single little missile, gun, axe, etc part from anything like $5-25+.  He-Man stuff is that way, your axe there for He-Man that's a $10 piece alone, and Skeletor as he's nearly complete he's worth quite a bit.

Edited by Tanooki

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, Tanooki said:

Up until very very recent history they were pretty well overlooked and you could pretty actively buy them and not have to worry about it.  Now though, if you want one with the accessories they came with you're in the $10-20 range just to start, and for key ones like He-Man and Skeletor it's like $75+, and when you get into the weird stuff like the Scareglow which you don't have depending on condition/completeness I think it hits like a thousand for the toy.  It's very much a great time to be selling them as you'll make out quite well compared to recent-ish past some years, and I'm sure it'll pop and level back down eventually so you're in a good spot.

I try and keep up with toys from various points in time, one being the 1980s when I was a kid.  I've got a rather decent sized setup of G1 Transformers I keep around and they're all complete for parts and pieces.  I learned fast you don't go in without otherwise you'll end up eating it hard on individual tiny pieces of plastic as in the last few years you can now buy a single little missile, gun, axe, etc part from anything like $5-25+.  He-Man stuff is that way, your axe there for He-Man that's a $10 piece alone, and Skeletor as he's nearly complete he's worth quite a bit.

MOTU prices must have blown up in the last year, because I don't recall them being anywhere close to that when I sold stuff last January.

Transformers on the other hand, I did pretty well with.

Unfortunately they did.  I got back into G1s I guess it's 3-4 years ago and I learned very fast within weeks never to buy a thing incomplete (at least for accessories) as the trolls will charge $5-25 for each individual part so it took me over a year or two to get a couple sets of missiles for Thrust which sucked and in the end I broke even which is time wasted.  Masters though, if you tried in 2019 it's game over if you like buying cheap figures unless you that usual cheap find in the wild luck, 2018 was bad too but closer to the 2019 of things.  I used to follow a few toy groups online, some aggressive, and the Masters stuff in the last 18 months got sick, people just latched on and the claws went out.   By the time I wanted to this last year just make a little display of He-Man+battle cat along with Skeletor+Panthor and found if they were complete would go into the 100s alone I was like screw it I don't care.  To give an idea, the generic axe for he-man alone is worth like $10-15 by itself and I have one still sitting on my desk as I had found one in a bag at some point of parts.

The B and C team He-Man stuff though, you can get a complete one with all the pieces for probably $15-25 each, so I do have one complete Clawful on my desk only because I found the thing for 99 cents and paid like 10 for his lame weapon.  I just keep it on my desk because it's amusing how it looks and works, but also a reminder to keep an eye out but have no hope of ever really getting what I wanted until the bottom drops out as all things in time do.