IGNORED

For those in the Southern US, right now we are experiencing a rare, Southern Aurora Borealis

RH

Seriously, this is something I thought I'd never get to see unless I planned a trip to Alaska.  For those of you up north, this might be common but I've never seen this.

Anyway, if you are in EST (and I'm assuming the other time zones, but in a few more hours) step outside.  You should see a pinkish hue to the sky and, sure enough, from time to time it streaks across the sky.  Peak time is suppose to be 3-4:00 AM.

These were taken from my back porch about 10 minutes ago.

1000003791.jpg

1000003787.jpg

1000003786.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

I'm able to see it was well (with my camera).  It feels great knowing how Principal Skinner felt that one eventful day.  

While taking this picture, my wife opened up the back door and yelled, "GOOD LORD, WHAT IS HAPPENING OUT THERE??????"

ckcNSOh.jpeg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm able to see it was well (with my camera).  It feels great knowing how Principal Skinner felt that one eventful day.  

While taking this picture, my wife opened up the back door and yelled, "GOOD LORD, WHAT IS HAPPENING OUT THERE??????"

ckcNSOh.jpeg

I honestly didn't know about it since I don't use social media or read much news.

I was in my office, in the basement, watching TV and my wife called me and was like "come out to back porch."  Lol, I though she was seeing someone in our woods or something.

Nope! It was this. To me, this is cooler than the eclipse.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1