IGNORED

NES cartridge that plays itself

Tulpa

Great mod, very cool project. He really went all the way. I love the sharing of the process, and the guy is funny. Too bad NES Open wouldn't play directly, but I can't fault him for finding a workaround by creating a pretty complex passthrough cable.

I do kinda miss when this would be a blog with text and photos instead of a wholeass TV show, but I guess that makes me

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 8:33 PM, Link said:

Too bad NES Open wouldn't play directly, but I can't fault him for finding a workaround by creating a pretty complex passthrough cable.

I was thinking of that, too. I bet you could run internal wires from all the traces on the ROM board to the connector, and rig up some kind of switching mechanism to go between NES Open and a different cartridge, but man, I have to think that'd be an enormous pain in the ass. 

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

What a great project - and an even better video!

I had to show this to my family just because it was so neat, and the modder was so funny that they even got a kick out of the technical stuff that they didn't otherwise understand.

[T-Pac]

10 hours ago, T-Pac said:

What a great project - and an even better video!

I had to show this to my family just because it was so neat, and the modder was so funny that they even got a kick out of the technical stuff that they didn't otherwise understand.

[T-Pac]

He's got some other crazy vids, too, like his SFC/SNES turned Playstation. I like how he doesn't even try to neatly disassemble the circuit boards, but just rips them apart.

• Like 1