IGNORED

Too Many Games 2024 June 28-30

a3quit4s

Just booked up a hotel room and a Saturday only ticket for this event. Shit better be crazy cause $60 for a one day pass is expensive! At least I don’t have to fly for this one it’s about a 3 hour drive from me. Midwest Gaming Convention is less than a month away so I’m excited for that as well. I think next year I’m going to hit a west coast event.

Anyone else headed to this one?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, The Count said:

@a3quit4s What are you looking forward to doing at the show? Looking for anything in particular from the vendor area? I missed the last MGC, but maybe I'll attend again next year.

I’m usually all about the marketplace but I’ll do free play games sometimes when I need to sit down. Too Many Games wasn’t as big as MGC and they had like a whole hall dedicated to tabletop gaming which isn’t really my thing. The free play area wasn’t as big either but there was a decent amount to play. I think I walked around for about 4 hours before taking off. I probably wouldn’t come to this show every year even though it’s about a 2.5 hour drive one way from my house. The marketplace was decent but I’m just running out of stuff I am even looking for. Plus conventions aren’t really where you go to find deals anymore, you are better off saving the time and money and hit eBay or someone you know. 

I still can’t understand why every game convention I go to, there is random fucking wrestling tucked away in a corner somewhere lmao

I feel that. As a set collector, once you start winding down it's only sports commons, variants, and heavy hitters left on the checklist. I try to bulk deal common CIBs at shows because I don't want to pay $6 shipping for a $6 CIB

19 minutes ago, The Count said:

I feel that. As a set collector, once you start winding down it's only sports commons, variants, and heavy hitters left on the checklist. I try to bulk deal common CIBs at shows because I don't want to pay $6 shipping for a $6 CIB

This is a good reason to go if you have one close enough to you where you don’t also have to pay for a hotel room and whatever else - taking that all into account you are probably paying more per game even if they cut you a deal lol

I’ve got all the fulls sets I need so I’m just after rares these days. I was looking for el Viento for Genesis and I found two, both missing the manuals for $275 and $300 - no wiggle on both when I can get one CIB on eBay for ~$300

• Like 1