IGNORED

TurboGrafx-16 Weekly Contest Round 9: Chase H.Q.

Red

Hello and welcome to the ninth round of the TurboGrafx-16 Weekly Contest!  This week's game is Chase H.Q.

- Play the first three stages or until Game Over

- Highest score wins

- Turbo is not allowed

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, March 3, 2024 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

Good luck and have fun!

Scoreboard:

1.  301,850 (a3quit4s)
2. 241,820 (Splain)

Edited by Red

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm struggling with this game so far. You have to drive fast in order to catch up to the perp, but once you get up to a decent speed, the curves, cars, and obstacles come absolutely flying. Then the time runs out and slows you down again. And of course all the online playthroughs are like zip-zip-zip! Got em!

part brother GIF

213,260 - man the person you are chasing really takes a beating. I was all over it and got him on fire but he still kept going lol

232,270 - basically if you spin out twice against the runner give up cause there isn’t enough time to catch back up. If you spin out twice before spotting him give up as well

301,850 - Select for the turbos helps but isn’t great. Made a bust in the first level and didn’t even get close in the second level so I’ll call it a day on this one

I only played till the first time I run out time, I was considering that game over  

image.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s

Editorials Team · Posted

My best run so far, I almost took the 1st guy down. But then he got away, like alllll the way away, and I couldn't catch up a second time. I'd never make it as a real cop. Maybe I should stick to the easier Game Boy version (baby's first Chase HQ)

11vxUxZ.jpg