IGNORED

Help me with my R-Zone!

Gamegearguy

46 minutes ago, Gamegearguy said:

So I bought an R-Zone Super Screen. It says it needs either the AC adapter (which I don't have) or 4 D batteries. I bought it because it can use batteries, but I don't know where to put them.

It looks like you unscrew the panel on the bottom to get to the battery compartment.

9 hours ago, Gamegearguy said:

You were correct. After unscrewing it and a nasty screw that took extra time to unscrew, I found the battery compartment. Now I just need two more D batteries!

Glad I could help. I actually found the manual with a quick Google search. I was going to post it, but it was a PDF file. It showed how to replace the bulb that lights the screen too if you ever have that issue in the future.

UPDATE: I ordered a bunch of D batteries. They came in the mail. There were 4 D batteries in the compartment, but their expiration dates were in 2001. So I put in nice fresh batteries. Nothing. I finally figured out and learned the thing would only operate when the screen was in its most upright position. So it works!

• Like 1

😮 HAHA 😄

If I had any idea you were using 20 year old batteries and hadn't slid it into position I would have mentioned that.  All of the R-Zone models have that stupid on/off yet still won't work until setup right to get power to the device.

I had one of them the XPG handheld which is really the best of the lot, and despite having that switch, you need to get the mirror pivoted out and set, and have a game in the slot too, or it just is dead, and the old lame eye piece one similar mechanic as well.  I mean, I get it, it makes sense but at the same time is kind of stupid you can't just turn it on requiring it setup right first.

That said the tiger r-zone line v2 and v3(yours) are great if you love segmented handheld tiger games.  They go to the next level on those because you get a better audio package, but they also coded enough of the games to flow smoothly like a real game even if it ticks along to each segment.  Daytona was a personal favorite as was Panzer Dragoon.  On the racing game you could pivot around the track visually in segments, but control wise, you smoothly moved around hazards which took a bit getting used to but once you did the game flies.