IGNORED

Book - "Video Game Maps: Genesis and Mega Drive"

Just got this in today:

https://retrogamebooks.com/products/video-game-maps-genesis-mega-drive-1

The author has an earlier one about NES and Famicom Maps - it is pretty neat and longer page wise than this one.  This one is better in that it is a larger format and has glossy pages.  Also being larger and less tightly bound it is easier to look at the pages.  If you like maps this is a good book to pick up.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Just got this in today:

https://retrogamebooks.com/products/video-game-maps-genesis-mega-drive-1

The author has an earlier one about NES and Famicom Maps - it is oretty neat and longer page wise than this one.  This one is better in that it is a larger format and has glossy pages.  Also being larger and less tightly bound it is easier to look at the pages.  If you like maps this is a good book to pick up.

These are great. I do wish they were more comprehensive or had multiple volumes to include every game. 

1 hour ago, DK said:

I see Shining in the Darkness in the preview - does it have more pages with the actual dungeohe n maps, or is it just an overview of the world map?

It has a 6 page spread - the first three pages are screenshots and a few overworld maps,  The last three are smaller dungeon maps - kind of hard to tell exactly which ones since it looks like they were from  a Japanese guide with Japanese captions.

The book also has a lot of the battlefield maps for Shining Force 1, 2 and  CD.

Edited by Tabonga

3 hours ago, novalin said:

Hey all. I'm the creator of the book. I'm happy to answer additional questions, about this book or others. Let me know if anything is on your mind.

IMG-3437.jpg

Very good work. Is there a plan to do additional volumes of the ones you have now?  Im a sucker for “completeness” and would love to have all the games covered.

Any additional systems on the horizon?

54 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Very good work. Is there a plan to do additional volumes of the ones you have now?  Im a sucker for “completeness” and would love to have all the games covered.

Any additional systems on the horizon?

--

I have a pretty long list of backlog ideas, some of which include map themed books, and I haven't decided on the next project just yet. If I do another map book my guess is I'd do SNES next.

10 hours ago, novalin said:

Hey all. I'm the creator of the book. I'm happy to answer additional questions, about this book or others. Let me know if anything is on your mind.

IMG-3437.jpg

Congrats on a great concept! One question out of curiosity, why did you decide to do a map on a 2D-fighter in Fatal Fury? 🙂

Good luck with the sales!

Hi. Not sure I fully understand the question. In terms of how I decided which maps to include I knew I wanted to have a variety of sources (e.g. manuals, magazines, etc.), mediums (e.g. screenshots, hand-drawn, etc.), and genres (e.g. RPG, fighting, adventure, etc.).

• Like 1