IGNORED

Question about Color Dreams NES game screws

https://imgur.com/2UQQ9xxHi.

I have a question about screws used in Color Dreams NES games. I have a Color Dreams game that had already been opened by a previous owner, and i notice that the middle screw is a bigger and a different screw compared to the screws used in the corners. Does anyone know if this middle screw is an original used screw? I have some other Color Dreams games, but they have not been opened (as far as i can remember at least), and i dont want to poke a hole in the sticker/label on the back of the game to get to the middle screw to check.

CD1.jpg

CD2.jpg

I don’t know for sure but it would be super weird for them to use different size/type screws from a manufacturing perspective. Although they were quite small so maybe if they are original they were just working with what they had. 

edit: this shows them looking to all be the same: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265537379166

Although who knows with the aftermarket game makers, maybe some of them are all the same and others aren’t lmao

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I don’t know for sure but it would be super weird for them to use different size/type screws from a manufacturing perspective. Although they were quite small so maybe if they are original they were just working with what they had. 

edit: this shows them looking to all be the same: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265537379166

Although who knows with the aftermarket game makers, maybe some of them are all the same and others aren’t lmao

Yeah, that is what i was also thinking (that it would be wierd that they would use different screws as you mention) 🙂When i brought out my copy again (the copy that i have the picture of in the first post here), my first thought was that a previous owner had replaced the middle screw. The screw was sticking a bit out which made it look especially out of place, in my opinion. But when i removed the screw (to clean the game board itself) and reattached the middle screw again, i tightened the screw some more, and then i thought that it looked like the screw might fit a bit more and perhaps be an original screw after all.

The auction that you link to does indeed show that the middle screw seems to be the same as screw that is used on my Color Dreams game. I would guess that the screw is the original one used in that case, unless that both copies have gotten the middle screw replaced of course. Maybe that is unlikely, but its not impossible after all, just generally speaking 🙂

And yeah, as you also mention, maybe some of the Color Dreams game all have the same type of screw, while other copies had some different screws, hehe, indeed, i agree 🙂That wouldnt surprise me too much, and i think that there is a possiblity that different copies originally/officialy used different screw, indeed 🙂

Thanks for the help and answer to my question! 🙂

EDIT: I fixed some typos that i had.

Edited by jajaja

• 2 weeks later...

This is something that I remembered noticing from back in the day circa 2002 before all the replacement swap shit began happening, but forgot about the thread and didn't have time to reconfirm my aging memory by looking at my own carts until today. My memory didn't fail though.

All cartridges have a larger middle screw, I just checked on my cartridges and they are all like this.

If the middle screw is smaller and matches the four other screws, it's been swapped.

For cartridges with the sticker still intact, you can possibly see the larger screw indentation as well..

Edited by fcgamer
  • Agree 1

On 7/23/2023 at 3:56 AM, fcgamer said:

All cartridges have a larger middle screw, I just checked on my cartridges and they are all like this.

If the middle screw is smaller and matches the four other screws, it's been swapped.

For cartridges with the sticker still intact, you can possibly see the larger screw indentation as well..

This has also been my experience.

• Like 1