IGNORED

Dr. Wily’s Castle Presents! : An NES chip tunes challenge! (Bracket b round 1)

docile tapeworm

The greatest chip tunes challenge alive!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Vroom vroom or zeezee’s?

2. 2. I’m Batman. 3 headed dragon!

3. 3. Capcom vs bimmy lee!

4. 4. It’s ludacris! You think you know more than a doctah?!

1) A bit of a tough call.  Went with Xexyz because it reminds me of Dragon Warrior music

2) Godzilla vs a Bug

3) Mega man track is pretty good/takes a while to go somewhere.  Meanwhile the DD track is too funky to be denied.

4) A competetition! - I like that Dr. Mario track a lot - seductive 8-bit exotica!   Mtpo track is not bad but meh by comparison..

47 minutes ago, PII said:

1) A bit of a tough call.  Went with Xexyz because it reminds me of Dragon Warrior music

2) Godzilla vs a Bug

3) Mega man track is pretty good/takes a while to go somewhere.  Meanwhile the DD track is too funky to be denied.

4) A competetition! - I like that Dr. Mario track a lot - seductive 8-bit exotica!   Mtpo track is not bad but meh by comparison..

1. Xexyz is a nostalgic personal favorite of mine.

2. I really like that dragon spirit track it’s fantastic but even I had to vote Batman when I listen to them side by side. 

3. the mega man track is famously good. I like dd2 soundtrack though it’s definitely got a deeper sound than most blips and beeps.

4. That dr Mario track is one of the greatest!

8 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I really like that dragon spirit track it’s fantastic but even I had to vote Batman when I listen to them side by side. 

Yeah, I hafta say, the Dragon spirit track is a nice tight introspective little number, but just can't compete with a Banger like that batman track.

EDIT: Damn, I'm second-guessing that vote now.  Ds is growing on me....   ..like a worm turning into a Dragon...

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Xexyz is a nostalgic personal favorite of mine.

It continues to surprise me a little that year after year, "people" never really seem to latch onto just how weird-cool Xexyz is.  I only discovered it... several years ago now, but I knew it was something pretty special right away.

1 hour ago, PII said:

EDIT: Damn, I'm second-guessing that vote now.  Ds is growing on me....   ..like a worm turning into a Dragon...

I also had voters remorse shortly after but go listen to Batman again. Its to good.

looking back dragon spirit could of had some staying power if I hadn’t paired it against such a juggernaut…..