IGNORED

But What If..... It WAS legit?

DarkTone

Not quite a losers weepers, and not sure if this has been asked before. Have you ever walked away from a sale / deal because you thought the item was fake or damaged or something else negative, only to wonder if it really was the real deal?

Only example that came to mind was a time i was on ebay, and someone was selling RC Pro AM 1&2 for the combined price of whatever the going rate 1 was. Maybe mistaken but I heard 2 was uncommon. I sat there staring at this deal, wondering if it was a legit boxed copy and everything. Seconds later it sold, and I was actually relieved. But I still wonder if it was bona fide? 

Anyone here ever questioned a missed deal? 

29 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Not quite a losers weepers, and not sure if this has been asked before. Have you ever walked away from a sale / deal because you thought the item was fake or damaged or something else negative, only to wonder if it really was the real deal?

Only example that came to mind was a time i was on ebay, and someone was selling RC Pro AM 1&2 for the combined price of whatever the going rate 1 was. Maybe mistaken but I heard 2 was uncommon. I sat there staring at this deal, wondering if it was a legit boxed copy and everything. Seconds later it sold, and I was actually relieved. But I still wonder if it was bona fide? 

Anyone here ever questioned a missed deal? 

If someone had a pair of CIB RC Pro AM 1 & 2s, for the price of RCPAM 1, then yes, it'd be worth the risk.  100%, especially if it's on eBay.  I don't do it often, but I'm not afraid to buy potato-cam, semi-sketchy items on eBay that others want to avoid because eBay 100% protects the seller.  If it looks like a really bad post but has no actual signs of being a fake, I'll bite.  It's never hurt me.  Not once.

Another pro tip is to check out the sellers current items as well as their past sells.  If they've not sold much, there's not a good chance it's fake. Fake sellers move fake items and unless they have 0 feedback and 10 like items posted, it's probably someone clearing out their closet looking for cash.  Also, if they sell a bunch of random stuff, they probably pick up stuff they find at yard sales and thrift shops.  In your case, the seller probably saw that RC Pro Am can go for a few bucks and just didn't find the second one, or care to look it up, so they listed the two together.  Their loss is your gain.  This does not happen much, but I especially love the stuff that is poorly titled or photographed, especially on eBay.  I hate selling there now, but I sure love looking for the clueless auctions.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RH said:

If someone had a pair of CIB RC Pro AM 1 & 2s, for the price of RCPAM 1, then yes, it'd be worth the risk.

i agree, unless it was obviously fake, worst case scenario would be, you returning the games again as fakes, best case would be both are indeed legit.

heck, you could have even re-sold the RC Pro AM 1, and got your money back, while keeping RC Pro Am 2, if both were legit.
you'd have a free CIB game.

Edited by Friendsfa35