IGNORED

Rad Racer with -1

Got this Rad Racer today and it has a code of NES-RC-USA-1 which I haven’t seen one before, not sure if anyone else has one like this or has some sort of information regarding it. It also has a oval seal/®️ and there’s a ®️ on the top label instead of the customary TM. There is also a ®️ next to the R in Racer instead of TM, I tested the game out and it plays as it should no differences of any sort. If anyone has any info it would be great appreciated.

21102A5C-2A35-4562-8E3A-A6413F30DA69.jpeg

BB1EB37D-5B3A-4D1D-B9D1-E78C560DDE4A.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm not sure if there are any other examples of a cartridge code being revised to -1 with just a change from TM to R (although I do have some faint memory of this). It would usually signify some type of software change. You should snap some pics of the PCB and compare to the NESCart Database at https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/243/rad-racer.

Edited by DoctorEncore

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm not sure if there are any other examples of a cartridge code being revised to -1 with just a change from TM to R (although I do have some faint memory of this). It would usually signify some type of software change. You should snap some pics of the PCB and compare to the NESCart Database at https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/243/rad-racer.

Here’s the board 

AFC72B7F-F606-4574-B7F3-62FC060A781C.jpeg

• Like 1

I briefly glanced through my collection and noticed that Anticipation is another game with a TM next to the title. I don't know if it ever got updated to "R" but that might be a good place to look for a similar cartridge revision. I'm sure there are at least a few other games with similar situations.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I briefly glanced through my collection and noticed that Anticipation is another game with a TM next to the title. I don't know if it ever got updated to "R" but that might be a good place to look for a similar cartridge revision. I'm sure there are at least a few other games with similar situations.

I looked at some Anticipations online and it looks like they all have TM near the title, not sure if there’s any out there with ®️

On 2/4/2023 at 8:09 PM, NESCollector15 said:

Got this Rad Racer today and it has a code of NES-RC-USA-1 which I haven’t seen one before, not sure if anyone else has one like this or has some sort of information regarding it.

I tested the game out and it plays as it should no differences of any sort. If anyone has any info it would be great appreciated.

Does it still have the 3D mode if you hit select?   Or the cheat option to start on whichever track you want (even beating the game without playing it)?

I thought they ended up taking the 3D option out of later releases.

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Does it still have the 3D mode if you hit select?   Or the cheat option to start on whichever track you want (even beating the game without playing it)?

I thought they ended up taking the 3D option out of later releases.

Yes the 3D mode is still there when you hit select.